cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate in Payment Order in EBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Payment Order Functionality to pay my vendors for one client Finland.

Bank Statement format is MT940.

In case of Foreign Payments, Bank is sending the Local as well as foreign currency information in Statement.

But when I am importing the statement in FF_5, system is taking the Exchange rate from OB08 instead of Bank Statement & posting the Forex gain/loss accordingly.

One strange thing, opening & closing balance is being updated from Bank Statement only while it would be changed due to change in exchange rate.

Bank line in statement like this:

:61:1602250226DR1500,00NMSC0000000020

:86:?22/OCMT/USD1000,00/

Local Currency is EUR & Doc Currency is USD.

Please suggest, is there any Config for that?

Regards,

Hitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Is SAP Note 886718 implemented ?

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/886718

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note is not relevant for my system & can not be implemented.

Regards,

Hitesh

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

I could only think of BADI FEB0004 and post in both currencies.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/494777

May be someone has got a better answer.

Kind Regards

sanju_ms
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're do occasionally have foreign currency wires.  Here's how we handle them:

We know the exchange rate for our foreign currency wires at the time they are posted to SAP.  They are posted using F-53 with the foreign currency (for example, EUR) as the document currency.  The user enters both the document currency amount (EUR) and the local currency amount (USD) in the document.  The wire comes through the bank account in USD, so by posting the wire this way, the USD amount in SAP matches the USD amount that will come through in the BAI file. 

Important note - to get the postings to clear automatically when the BAI file is processed, we had to update the global parameters for our company codes (t-code OBY6) to turn on "No forex rate diff. when clearing in LC".

Regards,

Sanju M S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanju,

That tick, is for clearing purpose. I am asking about EBS, specially with Payment Order functionality.

Could you please suggest for that case.

Regards,

Hitesh

sanju_ms
Active Contributor
0 Kudos