cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Reporting capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on MDG8 and I would like to know what are reporting capabilities.

I heard about Hana Based Analytics, but it appears a little bit complex reagrding the requirement I have.

Requirements :

- Reporting on change request (Number of change request opened by change request type, ...)

- Reporting on master data (Number of material by material Type, ...)

- Reporting on replication statuses (Number of materials replicated by target ERPs...)

I would like to make them available in NWBC client.

What is your recommendation to cover these requirements ?

Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I would suggest to leverage FPM charts as your requirement looks simple and straight forward to me. You can actually create your own UI with chart UIBB and write all the logic in the feeder class to display information in required format. There are quite a lot of chart types that you can explore. Using MDG API you can get all the information related to change requests, Materials, replication etc. Check the below configuration guide.

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/floorplan-manager/blog/2013/10/07/team-fpm--a-new-chart...

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

The answer given by MDG User doesn't cover the requirement. Maybe my examples were not good. Business wants to have some dedicated reports which won't be covered byt the standard transactions given.

If I understand well Goutham, you preconise to develop own reports based on FPM interfaces. It can be an option for sure.

Last questions :

Regarding Hana Based Analytics, I understand that it provides like a data source. What about the client ? Fiori ? Bi Tool ? Is it possible to display it via NWBC ?

Thanks a lot.

J.

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

NWBC UI displays all that you configure in PFCG role. Basically you have options to add the below URL types in NWBC. For further information I would suggest to post a question in the HANA, BW or NWBC forums. Let us know if have any questions regarding MDG.

Regards

Goutham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Please check standard MDG-M SAP_MDGM_MENU role in PFCG. If required copy to zrole, assign and use it.

- Reporting on change request (Number of change request opened by change request type, ...)

Web Dynpro Application: USMD_EDITION_CREQUEST

- Reporting on master data (Number of material by material Type, ...)

Web Dynpro Application: MDG_BS_MAT_SEARCH

- Reporting on replication statuses (Number of materials replicated by target ERPs...)

Transaction: DRFRSD

It should satisfy your requirements.