cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ATP" check on storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to influence the "available" stock quantity in a storage bin? I would like that the system considers non confirmed putaway to's as available stock.

I will clarify my question with an example:

Bin quantity = 10 pc

I have a non confirmed putaway TO for 5 PC to that bin.

I would like to have an available bin quantity of 15 pieces, I should be able to create a pick TO for 15 pieces.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member436214
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did you found solution for your problem.

I have the same problem.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no ATP check at warehouse level.

And it is certainly not a good idea to make something available that is currently moved.

This can create a lot of confusion.

The worker would get a TO to pick 15. When he arrives at the bin he can only see 10. He has no info that the other 5 will arrive in the next minutes, so he will not wait, he will pick 10 and while confirming the TO a difference of 5 will be posted.

You should evaluate cross docking functionality, why  moving the 5 at all to this bin if you need them somewhere else? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Jürgen.

I know that in a normal WM context this is not the recommended setup. But however for this specific client we are considering this setup.

Let me explain you more in detail:

We are in a production environment.

Goods are transported by ship and unloaded in silo's. GR at TO confirmation (in background, correct quantity is communicated by an external system and confirmed in background by SAP). However sometimes the production proces is started (=unloading the silo) before the ship is completely unloaded (this can take one day). So at the meantime we want to create pick TO's for production order.

Example:

Ship with 6000kg of material A

- Putaway TO creation of 6000kg to silo X (ship is being unloaded). TO confirmation and GR will be posted after confirmation of external system.

- Pick TO for production for 5000kg at the same time. GR is not posted, bin will go in negative but I want to be able to create the pick TO.

TO be able to this, the putaway quantity should be taken in into consideration. I've never seen such a setup and I wonder if it's possible? If the answer is no I will have to look for another solution.