cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files were picked up out of order

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a scenario where 2 files were placed at the interval of 15 mins each. For eg . say one file was placed at 12.15 PM and and other At 12.30 PM. QOS is EO for the file channel. The thing what we have observed is PI is picking the file placed at 12.30 PM and then picking the file placed at 12.15 PM later. I can say that first file size not so large when compared to 2nd one. the files are not picking up in the same sequence .Any specific reason why this thing happened ?? .I appreciate your help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go through the below links

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your file sender channel Processing Sequence Of the Files is set to 'By Name' then the files are processed in alphabetical order.

Check this link Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the Processing Sequence of the files:

• If you select By Name, files are processed in alphabetical order by file name.
  • If you selectBy Date, files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for ur reply.

We are using FTP with content conversion , i dont find any such thing for the channel, i can see that option for NFS. in Dev/ Quality systems the files are processed sequentially.Will this is be due to some temparory server issues??

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Was your 1st file still being modified before being picked up? And are you using the parameter "Msecs to wait before modification check" in the advance mode of your channel?

Also can you reduce the Polling interval and try?

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PI User,

Check the below discussion and try any of those techniques

reading file sequentially from FTP using SAP PI... | SCN