cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Salary according pay periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to USA payroll,Please give me some input on below query.

we have custom report which has different fields from payroll and benefits(USA).Currently annual salary field displays as per the date of report execution. But we want to make changes to this report, and new logic would be annual salary should display in the report as per the pay period.I have provided standard function module to our developer which pulls pay periods,here my question is where is integration/assignment between annual and pay periods.Please find below example.

Payroll area          Pay period start     pay period end   Annual Salary

BW(Bi-weekly)       01/01/2016             01/14/2016        50,000 USD

BW                        01/15/2016            01/31/2016         52,000 USD

BW                        02/01/2016             02/14/2016         54,000 USD

BW                         02/15/2016            02/28/2016          56,000 USD

From the above example,if i run report,for the 16th of Jan 2016, report should display annual salary amount as 52,000 USD not as 56,000 to achieve this do we have to do any configuration.

Thanks

shree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I don't know which standard function module you have provided to your programmer but as long as they use the right date when they call the function module, you should get the salary as of this date.

Are you extracting the data from the payroll clusters or the Infotype 0008? Don't forget that if you use the data from the clusters, you need to take into consideration the retros.

Regards,

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi serge Boulay

we are extracting data from IT0008 not from cluster and the standard FM i have provided to my developer is HR_MX_GET_PAYROLL_PERIOD.

Thanks

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Function module HR_MX_GET_PAYROLL_PERIOD only gives you the pay period, Begin and End date of the period of the specified Payroll Area and a Date. It's how they read IT0008 that will determine the value you get.

Not sure what they use for getting the Annual Salary as it is not allways directly saved but is a derived value... But if they use a function module like RP_ANSAL_FROM_PERNR they should easily get the right amount.

Regards,

Serge

Answers (0)