Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - Use RFC destination name different from Logical system name assigned to Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use RFC destination name different from the logical system name assigned to the client in SCC4.

The problem is that in master system (ADMCLNT100),  I cannot use RFC destination name of child (PRDCLNT100) that matches the name of Logical system (PRDCLNT100) attached to the client. I created new logical system (PRDCUA100) and RFC name matching that to connect child system to the master.

I understand from documentation and different posts that the name of Logical system and RFC destination has to match. So, I created another Logical system name (but its not assigned to client as only one logical name of the system can be assigned to a client) and a RFC destination matching that.

After following the steps and connecting child to master, BD64 in master system and child system shows that child system is connected to master. However, SCUG wouldn't push users to the child system and I am still able to do provisioning directly in the child system. Basically, child is not connected to the master.

Does the logical system name to be attached to the client in SCC4 a must?

What options do I have?

Thanks,

Akash

5 REPLIES 5

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Akash,

as you have found the answer to your question already in the documentation and other posts, you know, that the SAP CUA needs the logical system name as per documntation. Alternative: use SAP-IDM.

b.rgds, Bernhard

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, its a must

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you answered your question

your solution is to fix the underlying reason why you can't use the logical system that is referenced against the client. If another connection requires it then change it

If the issue is a system user is against the RFC connection then look at switching to trusted systems with own user and assigning each user the required access

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the response.. The reason I cannot use the RFC destination name that matches the Logical system name is because we have been using this RFC destination in other configurations. RFC destination has a User ID (ALEREMOTE) and password. For CUA, this setting has to be current user. If its not a "current user", any change that we make in the master system for the child system, the SUIM change history would show that ALEREMOTE made the change and it would not show one of the security team members name.

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same problem now, can you share you solution?

What did you do?

Thanks.