cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ports that pb 12.6 use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of security audit of our systems, Power Builder 12.6 was a subject of such an audit.

As a result, a few findings were found as problematic and need more clarification from a vendor side.

1. A computer with PB 12.6 installed exposes the ports 6969(TCP), 31337 and 54321 (UDP). These ports are considered to be signs for Trojan infection. If these ports are exposed purportedly by any of PB 12.6 programs or services, we request to know exactly what program exposes it and for what purpose.
  2. In addition, is exposes the following UDP ports which purpose is unknown. The ports are: 16838, 16912, 16947, 19722, 20019, 21247, 25709, 36945, 39888, 48189, 49200, 63420.

We request to know what is the purpose of these ports and what program exposes it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal;

For a better chance at an SAP Technical Support response, I would like to suggest that you also post this question in the PowerBuilder Developer Center forum. This forum is not well monitored by SAP these days.

FYI: 

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thank's again...

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal;

Is that for the PB Classic or PB.Net IDE?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

it's the classic version 32 bit,

Thank's,

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow ... that's very interesting -  I would have guessed it to be PB.Net and not PB Classic! 

FWIW: What is weird though is that working for my many Canadian Government clients - where security & TRA (Threat & Risk Assessment) is paramount - that this type of thing has never been brought to my attention from the IT security group before. The Canadian government IT Security is very conscious of these type of things.

FYI: I just had my PC scanned at work (Passport Canada) where I have the VS, PB Classic, PB.Net and Appeon IDE's installed. The only thing that my software audit exposed was an issue with the Chrome web browser. 

I'll forward your information on Monday to our IT Security guys at Passport and see what they say. This has certainly perked my interest. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal;

Here is the response this AM from our IT Manager here at Passport. We have about 21 active PB licenses with a few PC's now installed with 12.6 (using 12.5.1 currently but migrating to 12.6 this year) ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: PB Security

Interesting Chris...

IT Security has not mentioned this to me at least.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chef, Services IRIS | Head, IRIS Services AC - Direction générale des solutions et de la gestion de l'information | NHQ - Solutions and Information Management Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada | Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll let you know what our IT Security says when I get a response.

Regards ... Chris