cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start FPM process with different form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HCM Experts

I have  a requirement to start the same process with different FPM form based on user type ,

Is this doable in process and forms

Regards

Ghadeer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very doable...but your thinking of "form" seems to need work. Your process will start a form scenario and a start "step" (aka. stage). You should/could have your generic service detect the user type and then show/hide fields you need in your form configuration as needed.So it is not so much that they are using a different form as it is the form you have will have "sections" visible or hidden depending on the user.

In a more advanced case, once the process is started and workflow takes over, you can even make use of having completely separate/different form scenarios that workflow can direct too (for example, based on some condition like "user type").In this case, you could truly have a completely different form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris for your continued help.

you mean I will have one form then based on user type from generic service , i will hide / show fields from generic service also .

i refer to this blog to get that before

but how can i hide/show group in FPM form from generic service ?

for the workflow 's form scenario , i know that but its can be used after the process start .

and i remember there is field(ASR_FORM_SCENARIO_STAGE) i have used before with adobe form to get scenario step name at run time, it could help me here in my situation , I mean is it possible to start process with different stage depend on user type(before the workflow start) ?

Thank you again

Ghadeer

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To hide a "group" in FPM, you must hide EVERY element in the group. Just have your generic service show/hide whatever fields you need (ie. ui attribute dataset). It is very easy and I do it a lot.

In the workflow, you would check your condition and route it to wherever you need....then the binding on the workflow task will tell it which form scenario and step to use for the form. If doing this, remember to configure "transfer for fields" to "hand off" the data from one form scenario to the other(s) in HRASR_DT.

Answers (0)