Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-products - costing for manufacture order

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

Here's what I know and have done for co-products.

In the MRP View marked them as co-products.   Then used an allocation structure to allocate the overhead cost.   That seems to work well.

In the recipe - in the BOM the co-product is a negative number.   Co-product is marked here as well.

What I need and haven't found in my searches.   A manufacture order is created 2 products are created as a part of the order.  The overhead cost is allocated correctly.   The cost of the raw materials is split between  the co-products.   I need a way to set up proportions for the raw material cost.  

I have tried:

Creating an allocation structure.

Creating 2 recipes, one for each co-product.

Marking one product as fixed cost.   That was really bad as it added the co-product cost to the total cost of the material being produced.

I have tried by-product but that isn't what I want either - it is goods receipted as a negative value.

I am open to configuration as well as any custom code development.   I am at a loss because quite frankly costing and accounting are two areas I have never even dabbled in.

I'll be in route to my company office on Monday, but in the afternoon I'll try to look at this post.  If you would like me to post any other details or screen shots, I'd be happy to.

Thank you for any and all answers,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is an example of the overhead.   This is working.   What I need to work is the costing.   The raw materials shouldn't be split 50% between the 2 materials.   There needs to be a percentage split.