cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL screening for countries with strict privacy Restrictions e.g Russia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please tell me how  SPL processes happen for countries with strict privacy restrictions. e.g. Russia..

Regards

Dikshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

As per the privacy policies in Russia the personal data of customers should not be processed out of country.

My client is a US based company and they need to do SPL screening for 2 such countries.My question is  do we need to install a separate GTS system for each country  or is there any better way to handle this situation.

Regards

Dikshi

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dikshi,

You are referring to the new era where the privacy laws have come into play. Russia enacted a law starting sometime last year, all the data associated with Russian citizens should be processed and kept in Russia.You might not like my response, you will have to a keep an instance in Russia or you make to explore use of SAP GTS hosted on the cloud which has data servers based out of that country.

SAP has been trying to get its hands around these new privacy laws as many other countries like Germany and Austria have the same privacy laws.

I hope the forum folks from Europe can comment more about this specific situation.

Thanks,

Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shrini,

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Dikshi

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dikshi,

I'm sorry, provide some more information on your query for us to suggest.

Thanks,

Shrini