cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS calculation/error for service material DIEN

0 Kudos

I am currently facing an issue with VPRS calculation for service materials (DIEN).

Standard order with material, e.g. lease value. So actually we do not want to have a standard price or a moving average price. So this is maintained as 0 EUR. But it's marked as moving average.

Item category TAW - so after PGI on delivery we get only a confirmation of service.

Now when we create the invoice (same cc) - VRPS is marked "red". Error --> 217 (Error in quantity/value determination). During some search some people suggest to check OMS2. In this configuration value updating and quantity is switched off. This is standard customizing from SAP so I do not think we should switch it on.

Changing material to standard price and set it to 0.00 EUR also same error for VPRS.

Question, is this behavior standard SAP, to have this error during invoice? However - we are able to post the invoice to accounting with this error. But I was wondering if we are missing something in this process...

Workaround now: We set the material price to 0.01 EUR per 99.999 SAU and then the VPRS is "green". So it's fixed sort of, but now sure if that is best practice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

Hello Kasper,

I am a bit confused.

In my sandbox (I refer to RVAA01 procedure in IDES) VPRS is set with pricing requirement 4, which, among other things checks cost active - KOMP-EVRWR = 'X'.

In my system for TAW Determine Cost is set to ' ' and VPRS is not determined, because the requirement 004 is not fulfilled.

What are the settings for VPRS in your pricing procedure (V/08) and the item category (VOV7)?

0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

All settings were fine, I checked KOMP-EVRWR in requirement and it was set to 'X', although TAW is set as 'do not determine cost'.

So by your remark my thoughts were right, something is not correct. And after a debug session I found that someone used note 352441 for an issue to update the costs in the billing document in 2013. However this person did not make an if-statement on item category but just for all . So we need to fix that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for the VPRS condition type in the pricing procedure the Subtotal will be 'B' and Requirement will be 4