Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Decision Issue

jeffrey_pepito
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the following scenario. For example let's say, Moisture content should be 3 - 5 %, but while doing inspection they found it to be 7 - 9 % which is beyond tolerance limit. Now currently users are doing results recording and UD for "Accepting it with deviation". But users must be able to do only "Not Accept" or "Reject" it. Even they shouldn't be able to perform"Accept it with deviation". And once they reject it, the rejected product must go back to Scrap or Block stock or Vendor. Am a PP consultant and i'm new to QM. So kindly help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

RR and UD are two separate activities. While using UD, user still has a choice to accept the material in inspection lot, even though the MIC's may be out of scope. So I believe form standard setup, you can't stop the usage of UD code 'Accept'.

In my opinion, UD should be done only by a restricted set of super users, who has the knowhow of the implications of accepting such materials, which has failed in result recording based on scope parameters. This is a user training issue and can be handled by that way, without any specific developments.

In case you are very particular about enforcing an IT solution to fix this issue, you can try creating a custom UD program like ZQA11, where you build in some high level business logics like below -

a) All required MIC, should have been valuated and closed (MIC system status 5), and valuated as "Accept".

b) In case Non-Required MIC's are assigned to inspection lot, these values also should be "Accepted" and MIC system status "5".

c) Use Authorization object "Q_UD_CODE" and add it in this custom transaction ZQA11. Assign appropriate user roles against this authorization object.

d) Check the below exits to support your cause -

* QEVA0006  Entry to usage decision transactions

* QEVA0010  UD: Usage decision check

e) Check if the UD code "R" [Reject] has the posting proposal VMENGE04 assigned to it, and also Stock Posting in Background is activated in QS51.

f) Now, your custom program should first check all the MIC values result recorded and validate if the values are all correct to proceed for UD or not. If so, then allow the use of UD code "A", or "A1"...etc. In case if there is any failure on the MIC values recorded before, then by default, it should select the UD code "R" for the plant. And should not allow the user to change this value to "A".

Thanks,

Arijit

jeffrey_pepito
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

Thank you for your reply. But i'd like to know whether is there any other less complicated way like blocking or hiding the Accept with deviation option,so that users will have only Accept and Reject option. Correct me if am wrong with the Query.

Answers (0)