cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan a few plants together

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a new company that we want to implement in our SAP. This company will probably consists 6 plants.

Today, for our existing plants in SAP, we plan each plant seperately by MD06.

They asked us to check whether there is a way to plan all plants in one shot, and not to move for each plant to another MD06.

Do you have any ideas? it should be something which is not complicated

Thanks a lot,

Yael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What you man by plan each plant separately by MD06?

Planning can be done for plant level through MD01 not by MD06

You can plan all the plant together through MD01 by using Scope of planning  In OM0E Define Scope of Planning for Total Planning here you can the sequence of plants to be planned using MD01.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With MD01 I can run the MRP on a few plants with the scope of planning, but my need is how to go over the results of the run on a few plants? today we use MD06 but each time with another plant.

Do you have any idea how to go over it with a few plants?

Or maybe how to plan each material for all plants in the same screen, for example, material A has sales orders in plant X, has purchase orders in plant Y, etc..., so to see all of it in the same screen but with the ability to understand to which plant is it relevant? and to get reccomendations per plant?

I think that the first option that I araised is much clear for a controller, but will be happy to hear you opinion.

Thanks,

Yael.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check MD48? For mass you can develop your own custom report by using FM MD_STOCK_REQUIREMENTS_LIST_API

Please refer this useful document,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Your requirement is not exactly clear. If you want to plan all the plants together, you should use a scope of planning when running MRP.

If you want to see the MRP results together, then you should activate the cross-plant option on MD04. See blog .

If you want to have MRP planning stock transfers from one plant to another, then you should use a special procurement key on the material master.

If you want to have MRP considering the stock of several plants together, you will find several threads where it was suggested the utilization of a BAdI for such purpose. See thread MRP Run considering Stocks for Multiple Plants ... | SCN.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MD48 looks like a good idea.

I also read the document you sent, but didn't find the option that need to be customize in OPP1 (we have EHP 7).

Thanks a lot,

Yael

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SFW5 you need to activate the business function LOG_PP_LMAN after that you can have an option to Display Material Groupings in OPP1.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your help.

It gives me a few directions to check, looks very helpfull.

Best Regards,

Yael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One more question, the cross plant option can be shown also through MD06/MD05?

Thanks,

Yael.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, if business function LOG_PP_LMAN is activated and you have activated the cross-plant material grouping in material requirements planning (MRP) Customizing (evaluations).

Then you can have cress plant view in MD04. But From MD06 you can go to the stock requirement list MD04.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Please explore MD48 and see if it fulfills the requirements.

In case you need to make a custom report , use FM : MD_STOCK_REQUIREMENTS_LIST_API (MD04) & MD_MRP_LIST_API (MD05) and get some ABAP support for the task.

Exception listings in MD06 can also help.

Shubham