cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_TEXT with unlimited lines to analyzer – version BW 7.0

0 Kudos

Hi experts, good morning,

I need to read and show in Analyzer the function READ_TEXT, but in this process there is NO limit in text. For instance, the user could write 15 lines or more, and the BW must show in Analyzer.

But the InfoObject there is a limit (60 char), so, I don´t know how to do this.

Questions:

How I move the READ_TEXT with unlimited lines to InfoObject ? Or I need to move to another object, for example, for DSO ?

How I presented the information in Analyzer ? I mean, is there a special process to show this information ?

I already read this links:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58361

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301941a0-25b4-2d10-6eb9-9758cbc28...

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1794113

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Step-1: Create a Datasource with function Module  to  read the  SAP script as  these long text are being saved in SAP Script.  Use the delta field cautiously.

Step-2: Now a days InfoObjects are available with 250 characteristics.. Which version of SAP BW is on your side. ?  Well if you see IO is not capable of 250 charactertistics, then may be 60 charcteristics  but, no worries..

let the source data comes first in BW PSA and then assign  InfoObjects accordingly.

For example:

you need to hold 240 charcteristics, then assign 4 InfoObjects each of 60 charctertistics length and then in tranformation  write routine to fill the Infoobjects accorginly using Offset.. with the help of ABAPERS..

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio

BW 7.0 has infoobject char length limit as 60. so you need to create multiple char infoobjects of 60 length each and split the source field in the transformation. in the analyzer, you need to include all the infobjects to see the text.

0 Kudos

Good morning Aparajit and Sai,

Thanks for your answer.

I created de IO as you recommend and worked perfect.

But the actual result od Analyzer:is NOT so good:

MATNR

text 1

text 2

text 3

Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like A

T&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, St

raight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell pho

I need show this way:

MATNR

LONG TEXT  - with 60 char

Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like A
T&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, St
raight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell pho
nes will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, B
oost or Virgin.

Or (BETTER) this way:

MATNR

LONG TEXT - with 120 char

Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, St
raight Talk, and select prepaid carriers). Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost
or Virgin.

Thanks again,

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

So far as I know, concatenation of InfoObjects will not be possible at Bex Query level.

Or If you have WEBI report for the client , concatenation is possible easily in WEBI reports

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cant join IOs using BEx, you can try using macros.

0 Kudos

Thanks very much ...