cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCEM Web - Display Event message history

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a new requirement to display the event message history from the standard web screens.   Need suggestions to how to accomplish this using as much of the standard system as possible.

Myra Gill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Myra ,

You can enhance the standard WebUi using the standard EM badi's available & fetch the event message history as available in the EH_LIST->Event Messages via table /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG/ as per your tracking ID or the GUID.

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Arun,

We are trying to avoid enhancing the WEBUI but that might be the route we have to take.

Myra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Myra,

Please provide a little more details around what you see as event history...

Obviously all event and their event message parameters can be seen in the standard SAP EM Web UI so what else are you looking to expose?

Thanks

Kevin

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kevin,

We have an expected Event, 'Delivery Appointment  Made', it is an expected event so only the most current event shows on the detail screen with the other events.  Our user's want to be able to see how many times the carrier has made the appointment via a history type view.  They do not want to see all of the messages  on  the standard detail view.

They want to be able see information like the information displayed on the 'Event Messages'  Tab in the Gui  on the web.   But they do not want to change their current view which is like the 'Consolidated Events' tab in the GUI.

Myra

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation Myra. Roll up your ABAP sleeves

Ading a new tab would require extending the EM web dynpro because it is not available in standard.

Ounce you have done that it's an easy BAdI enhancement to populate the tab data.

G luck - Let us know if you need help. Regards Kevin.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Myra,

in the standard only the last event that was reported is displayed.

(If your EE Profile is configured in the way that it allows several event reported to the same EE).

You could try to add all the Events to the consolidated event list by using BADI /SAPTRX/BADI_EH_S method AFTER_GET_DATA_DISP. Here you could select the missing events and add them to CONSOLIDATEDEVENTS and sort them to your needs. But i think an own tab would make more sense here.

Best regards,

Steffen

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Myra,

I think the option shown below may be workable for you without having to change up the EM web UI.

In my SAP EM system, I configured a new event status and assigned it the date icon.

Then in /SAPTRX/IF_EX_BADI_EH_S~AFTER_GET_DATA_DISP you read the EE History and insert in to the appropriate spot of table CONSOLIDATEDEVENTS.

I also changed the text of the event to show the sequence and that it relates to the 1st Expected Event. I just changed the values in dubugging to verify that it works....

This way the user can see all the history on one page and visually, will not confuse current state with historical state.

I think this is an elegant solution. What are your thoughts?

Thanks Kevin

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Interesting.  I will show to end users to see if this satisfies their needs.  It would be nice to avoid changing the WEB UI.

Thank you,

Myra

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Trust me when I say to avoid it like the plague

I Don't need to tell you what happens when you go down the custom UI route.

This approach makes IT happy and provides the answers that business is looking for....

Good luck with the users.

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Where did you set your ICON for the message to the Calendar.  The Standard  /SAPTRX/IF_EX_BADI_EH_S (Set_Event_Status) does not work since it is called before  AFTER_GET_DATA_DISP

Myra

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Myra,

STEP 1 is to do the config. Follow these steps:

a) Define Event Statuses

b) Define Status Icons

Assuming you use the DEFAULT Status Icon Schema like most do

Here you set the date icon

STEP 2: Add your entries in to CONSOLIDATEDEVENTS in BAdI after_get_data_disp

Change the following fields in CONSOLIDATEDEVENTS for your added entries:

• STATUS_ICON_L2 = '&1U&'
  • EXT_EVENT_STATUS = 'Z1'
  • STATUS_ICON_EXT = 'T_DATE'

Make sure your BAdI is activated

That will do the trick - Those were the only 3 fields I changed to get it working (I suspect the first field is not necessary).

Thanks Kevin

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detail information,  The only thing I was missing was "STATUS_ICON_EXT = 'T_DATE'. 

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. That value is a little tricky getting

Hopefully your users go for this solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Myra,

I could see SAP Event Management has three historical data:

1. Expected Event Historical Data

2. Measurement Historical Data

3. Status Attribute Historical Data

or You want to bring in SAP EM WebUI whatever displays in EH_LIST -> Event Messages.  Is this your requirement?

Regards

GGOPII

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Gopi,

Yes, they want a way to drill into the EH_LIST --> Event Messages via a web view.

But they want to maintain their current web view similar to EH_LIST --> 'Consolidated Events'

Myra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Myra,

The other way I can think off without enhancement, you can configure and report as unexpected event when customer make a "Delivery Appointment Made".  It would show how many times customer made the appointment in the past in event message tab.  Otherwise you can achieve through enhancement route.

Regards

GGOPII