Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW extractor JCDS - records comming in late

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have created an BW extractor on SAP table JCDS, with generic delta on field UDATE.

Sometimes some records come in a day late, so are missing in BW.

Example:

Status of an order changes on 20.04.2016 at 07.25 am. So, UDATE = 20.04.2016

The extractor fetches data in BW at night (20.00 om), but some records are missing and get updated in the following BW run (21.04.2016)

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Dwain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, but the safety interval is set to 1.

any other ideas?

This keeps happening to a couple of records every month.. very frustrating.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if generic delta on cal day  delta field : UDATE

then

Safety Intervals:  (upper ) : 1
Lower Safety Intervals: 0

Meaning you have to start extraction at night after 11:59PM  every night.

check bd87  if idocs are taking time...

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if safety limit is following?

Upper Limit = 1

If yes, then you will miss the data. Recommendation: Try to find out if it was done on purpose and why?

Your safety limits should be based on "Date":

Upper Limit = 0

Lower Limit = 1

This should solve the issue.

Thanks

Amit

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Both the upper and lower limit are set to 1.

Why do you think I will miss data?

The problem is that sometimes my records come in late. The delta comes in a day after I expect it.. but only sometimes..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dwain,

I' incorrectly assumed that you have upper limit as 1 and lower limit as 0. That is why I said you will miss data. Sorry about that.

Coming to your question of delayed:

If you have upper limit set as 1 (as DATE delta) then system subtracts the selection condition upper limit date by 1 (i.e. value of upper limit). This is the reason your data is delayed and comes during next day extraction.

An illustration of this is below:

Assume we have daily delta running and last delta is successful. and your generic delta limits are:

Upper Limit = 1

Then when data extraction happens on 05/03/2016, following selections will be set by system during selection from JCDS table:

Selection condition (UDATE) upper limit = 05/02/2016 (05/03/2016 'Current Day' - 1)

(lower limit will be based on RSA7 value)

In this case you will receive only previous day data and not which is created/changes on the day of extraction.

So the question is - when you say sometimes, does it mean that you see data from the day of extraction sometimes and sometimes you do not see it? Ideally your datasource should not extract the data of the day of extraction instead limit it only up to previous day. So in above example data of 05/03/2016 will be extracted on 05/04/2016 and so on.

This is the reason your data is delayed. If you want all the data which is created even on the day of extraction then you will need to make upper limit 0 and lower limit 1.

Thanks

Amit

d_chang
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, your explanation is clear!

We are using the 2LIS_17 extractor to extract notifications and the generic datasource on JCDS with delta to extract status changes and dates.

The 2LIS_17 extractor does extract delta's made on the same day, the generic data source indeed does not.

So when we do a read on jcds it finds nothing..

Thanks for helping

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jay_reddy1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

enable safety lower limit as 1 and load data to DSO.

it extracts 1 day back records and overwrites if any same key combination comes,.

hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As sai p said...most likely you have not set up the lower limit in generic delta extractor. If I am not wrong if you extract at 8:00 PM then on next day you are missing data which is changed/created after 8:00 PM of the day of extraction. This happens because of 0 lower safety limit.

You should make it to 1 so that in your next day delta extraction only one previous day will also be included.

With this you will get some duplicate data but will not miss any data. Also you will have to use a DSO as target for this datasource and define proper keys for it.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dwain

check your safety intervals how they are setup.