Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide navigationpanel in NWBC for HTML

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please help to identify what setting needs to be set in order to hide the left side navigation panel in NWBC for HTML completely.

This is our ESS menu as is:

This is what we would like to do(minus the arrow in left hand corner):

This is the closest we've gotten - however, if "Personal Information" is set to "Invisible in Navigation Frame", the top level menu disappears completely.:

This was obtained using the visibility option in the PFCG-role:

I am looking forward to hear from your.

With best regards,

Patrick Aagaard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've been playing around with some settings today and i managed to get "Personal Information" out of the left side navigation panel by removing the "Single Top Level"-setting from the first level folder: "Employee Self-Service". HOWEVER, by doing so "Personal Information" is now shown in level 2 navigation - most likely due to setting for "Personal Profile" still being set to visible. If this is changed to "Invisible in Navigation Frame", the whole menu will again disappear.

Please let me hear your ideas

With Best Regards,

Patrick Aagaard

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

have you found any solution ? i have a similar issue: i want to hide the navigation panel for ESS under NWBC, but only when calling a specific web dynpro application:

so navigation panel MUST be active all the time except when i open one specific web dynpro application.

br Martin

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

Could you please check what is the setup for the "Personal Information" node?

From the screenshots (they are a bit small actually) what I see is that it seems to be a folder within another folder, but it is hard to say without seeing the actual role.

If this is the case, you can move the node with a level higher in the hierarchy, then you will have only the empty navigation pane.

Best regards

Melinda

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your response!

As you can see in below screenshot, "Personal Information" is a folder and setup "As Service Map", the underlying Web Dynpro Application is set to be default page.

With best regards,

Patrick Aagaard