Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career change from Windows system admin to SAP Basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working as windows system administrator and have 8 years experience plus global Microsoft windows certificate. I have completed B.com in 2006. I want to change my career into SAP BASIS Administrator.As per my experience my salary is very poor.  I need yours suggestion, In SAP BASIS Administrator have good job vacancies and scope ? If I change my field so can be i count my current exp?. Now i am 33 years old.

Please suggest and guide me?

Regards

Nilesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can definitely move to SAP-BASIS.There are wide range oppurtunities for this module,in the scope of SAP-HANA there is more importance to basis

you can even increase your salary

yes your Experience counts in other way that you are in IT field

All the Best

2 REPLIES 2

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can definitely move to SAP-BASIS.There are wide range oppurtunities for this module,in the scope of SAP-HANA there is more importance to basis

you can even increase your salary

yes your Experience counts in other way that you are in IT field

All the Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first thing I suggest is to give a try to some good companies which can offer a hike in the salary as windows system administrator itself. I think 8 years experience is great! But still if you are looking to start a career as SAP BASIS Administrator, then first sit and decide properly and then go for it. Yes SAP BASIS does have good opportunities these days and even it has great scope all over the world. The only thing difficult for you is to get your first job in SAP once you get the job and learn SAP BASIS then everything will be easier. I believe your previous experience might only be counted as an IT professional which is of course a benefit.

Message was edited by: Colleen Hebbert - removed hyperlink to external jobs site.