cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - No Std. cost estimate found. PGI in previous period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

A delivery for a material was created  and PGIed in Apr 2016. The material was not costed then. Now we are in May 2016, and when creating billing document, the system gave the error "No standard cost estimate could be found".I tried to create a standard cost estimate for May (as the system allows only current and future periods), but the system would still give me an error saying that no standard cost estimate was found as of April 2016.

How do I work around this issue?

I can't cancel the PGI and do it again with May PGI date. Because of internal controls we have to show the delivery in the same month the product actually left our location. Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

Before I answer your Question, May I request you to honestly close your threads once they are resolved. It helps others to know how the issue was closed. (If you receive reply from X and that resolves your issue, Mark it as CORRECT ANSWER. It is that Simple)

It seems your COPA Valuation KE4J or KEPC has a Costing Key that reads "Cost Estimate as per Goods Issue Date" in the PERIOD indicator. Hence it is looking for Price as of PGI date. Also, you seem to have enabled the option to issue "Error message if no cost estimate found" in the Costing Key

You need to remove this check and re-do Billing again. Cancel this Billing doc and create another one

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay

We still want the system to issue error message when no cost estimate is found. So, changing the period indicator in the costing key to "Current Std. Cost Estimate acc. to entry in mat. master" should work for us.

And I will make it a point to close my threads. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Vamsi

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I would suggest Create 2 Costing Keys

a) ABC - Costing Key which reads Cost Matching Goods Issue Date

b) XYZ - Costing Key which reads "Current Std Cost Estimate"

Assign Costing Key ABC as 1st Costing Key and XYZ as 2nd Costing Key

That ways, you will always read the Cost Matching Goods Issue date as first choice and the other once as fallback option

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay. This solution sounds even better.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gm4it
Participant
0 Kudos