Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME21N - Create PO - Save As template access not working

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue with authorization check with object M_TEMPLATE in EHP6 ECC system. Background: Activated new business function in ECC system which enables "Save as Template" functionality in purchasing documents. As per SAP documentation, object M_TEMPLATE can be used to restrict "Save as Template" for the users but in our SAP system the user is still getting access to create/edit/delete templates without having access to M_TEMPLATE in any role.

Debug shows object M_TEMPLATE is getting checked and trace also shows object M_TEMPLATE is missing authorization but still user is not facing any authorization issue and can create/edit/delete templates and load templates without having access to object M_TEMPLATE.

Please help if there is any other way to handle M_TEMPLATE object ?

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the authorization object M_TEMPLATE is applicable only for public templates as of my knowledge. If there is no access given for M_TEMPLATE, the "public template" flag wont be visible in the "Save as Template" pop up.

If you want to control the save as template functionality itself, you may check the option of transaction variant in SHD0 for ME21N and ME22N and hide the OK button in the pop up.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Salman,

Please check if only the authorization object M_TEMPLATE added to the user with activity 03.

Best Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Yes, we have added M_TEMPLATE with activity 03 to the user but still template functionality is working with or without this authorization object.

Is this related to some configuration issue ?

Regards,

Salman

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as the trace shows a failed check, the check is not deactivated in SU24.

-->the application has to react on the check results. -->appl.specific issue.

Moving to MM-space.

b.rgds, Bernhard