Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input ready query not working

former_member199935
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've Created an input ready query on aggregation level of real-time info provider. But, when input ready query is opened in ANALYZER, I've following 2 issues. I made sure that Keyfigures are set to "Input-Ready" in query properties.

1. Unable to enter new lines (I had set "Allow entry of Plan Values")

2. Unable to save entered values. (SAVE/SEND function not appearing)

3. Also, every time i open query in analyzer, "Allow entry of Plan Values" is being de-selected. I've to manually set it up again. any reason for this behavior?

4. Also, when i open query, no characteristics are being displayed in the report but only aggregation of keyfigures. I'll have to "add drilldown" all characteristics from "Free Characteristics" area even though i added chars in the ROWS section of query designer. Any reason for this behavior?

Appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194957
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether you have added all the characteristics available in the aggregation level to the query . Check if you have added corresponding characteristics which you need for detailed view in the rows in the query designer not in the free characteristics . Also check if the query is input enabled in the query properties. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tharun.

former_member199935
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Finally, i'm able to enter new lines. But, SAVE/SEND function (on right click) not appearing if i change KF values of existing lines. SAVE/SEND function appearing only if i enter new lines. Any reason for this behavior?

Also, you mentioned "check if the query is input enabled in the query properties". But I can't find a setting where we can set "input enabled" for query. I can only find setting of each KF. Are you referring to KF setting in query?

ShashiGarimella
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you do not see 'Transfer Values' on your new data, the reason is that those cells were not Input Enabled. One way to find if a cell is Input enabled or not is by looking for a little blue outline around the cell. Every cell that has this blue outline in it, will be able to 'Transfer values' and then  'Save values'.

Why are the cells not input enabled ?

There are several reasons. Possible reasons that I see relevant based on your description of the issue

1) Characteristic Relationship is active on those cells

2) Data Slice is active on those cells

3) Key Figure might not be set as Input Ready

4) All Characteristics of Aggregation level must be either be in 'Rows' or must be restricted to a single value using filter/variables.

Regards,

Shashi

former_member199935
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After correcting values for few characteristics, query seems like working as expected.

for 1 characteristic, i'm entering a value that doesn't exist in master data. So, when i click on "transfer/save", system says 'processing" followed by "messages available" in the bottom of excel sheet. but, it doesn't say "inputs are not saved". Is there a setting to have "error visible clearly that is understandable"?

Other issue was that i've unit and currency in rows and system expecting values for it. It make sense to enter any value other than blank. But, error message was not clear. How to get understandable message?

Now, i've created planning function of type REPOST and inserted via BEx button. When i click on this button,

I'm getting error "PE error 2,048: column store error: [38001]". Any inputs to overcome this issue? we are on BW 7.4.

former_member194957
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using BEX analyzer, you should install a patch inorder to be able to see the error messages.When you install the patch successfully you will see the option "Display Messages" enabled in the drop down options.

The patch to be installed is BI740SP04P_401.EXE or any higher version.

And coming to the PE error you have specified. It is specific to the HANA database , you can raise an incident for the same.

and for the below question

Also, you mentioned "check if the query is input enabled in the query properties". But I can't find a setting where we can set "input enabled" for query. I can only find setting of each KF. Are you referring to KF setting in query?

1.Open query designer.

2.In the properties tab on the right.Select the query.

3. Under planning tab , Check the box "Start Query in Change Mode".

Hope this helps

Regards

Tharun

former_member199935
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Tharun. your information is very helpful. I passed over these initial issues and now going through few other issues in following threads. Would you please provide your feedback on these.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3909955

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3907779

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3909872

former_member194957
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome

Answers (0)