cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with cascading filters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've been having problems creating a cascade filter, I have to do a five step filter and the first two works great, in the third I'm starting to have problems, the code that I'm using in the event of startup and in each dropdown is this:

on startup:

DROPDOWN_1.setItems(DS_6.getMemberList("0COMP_CODE__0COUNTRY", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 50));

DROPDOWN_1.addItem(" ", "Todas");

in the first dropdown:

DS_6.setFilterExt("0COMP_CODE__0COUNTRY", DROPDOWN_3.getSelectedValue());

DROPDOWN_4.setItems(DS_6.getMemberList("0CUST_SALES__YREGIOCOM", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 50));

DROPDOWN_4.addItem(" ", "Todas");

second dropdown

DS_6.setFilterExt("0CUST_SALES__YREGIOCOM", DROPDOWN_4.getSelectedValue());

DROPDOWN_6.setItems(DS_7.getMemberList("0CUST_SALES__0SALES_OFF", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 50));

DROPDOWN_6.addItem(" ", "Todas");

The problem is when I select any item of the second dropdown, the third one fills with all the data regarding of the filters in the first and second dropdown.

Does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

I'm usign design studio 1.6 and the data source is a Bex query.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andoni,

Since you are using Design Studio 1.6, why don't you take advantage of the property binding feature of the dropdown lists instead of using script code?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa:

Thanks for the answer an the advice, I forgot to put it on the question but I already tried the data binding property and the result is exactly the same.

At the begining I tried with the script code because I didn't know about the data binding property, but searching I found how to use it but it didn't work, it still showing all the data no matter the previous filters.

I don't know if this problem is due to something that I am doing wrong or if it's because of some issue with design studio 1.6

Regards.

Andoni

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andoni,

I think the problem is that when populating the third dropdown (DROPDOWN_6) you are using a different data source (DS_7) compared to the data source in the first two dropdowns (DS_6).  Normally for a continuous cascading filter you need to use the same data source across all dropdowns.

Also, in the Initial View of the data source, for each of the filter dimensions, make sure you have set Members for Filtering as "Posted Values".

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa:

The data source wasn't the problem, I use the DS_6 for one graphic and the DS_7 for another because both graphics have distinct stucture, but both are based on the same query and filter them at the same time.

I checked the members for filtering optino and it didn't have checked on the "Posted Values" option, I changed it and it worked.

Thank you very much for your answer, I was struggling with this problem and searching online but I wasn't able to find the solution until now.

I appreciate the help.

Regards.

Andoni

Answers (0)