cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Schedule Rules - for compressed work week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I am working on a Time Eval project and the company offers a few compressed work week options.  Work an additional 21 minutes per day, get one day off per calendar month; work an additional 50 minutes per day, get one day off per bi-weekly period; work an additional 25 minutes per day, get one half day off per biweekly period.  Has anyone created work schedules for this purpose?  Is it best to create 3 work schedule rules, and have time eval put the additional minutes/hours into a quota, and then the employee would enter an absence to take the time off?  I look forward to your responses!  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Serge that Quota is probably the best way to fulfill your requirement, but ...

How will the extra time be entered in the system?  Through a Time Attendance system, through ESS or through manual entries?

What if an employee works an extra 23 or 24 minutes in a given day, but usually works an extra 21 or 25 minutes?

Will you require 3 Quotas or will all "extra time" be entered in the same Quota?

Are these employees entitled to Paid Overtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Remi.  I was thinking that the additional time would be 'assumed' based on the work schedule rule.  So for an employee that works an additional 21 minutes per day, based on the fact that they are assigned to WSR CCW21MIN, time eval will add 21 minutes per day that they are at work to the Compressed Work Week quota. 

Our company's regular work day is 7.5 hours.  In order for my plan to work, I think I would have to create the CCW21MIN work schedule as 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday.  Like I mentioned, the additional 21 minutes per day will be 'assumed' and entered into the quota.  But - when the employee wants to take the time off, they would only be using 7.5 hours to take a day.  Does that make sense?

I think I would only need one Quota for Compressed Work Week and any additional minutes worked by an employee on one of the CCW work schedules will be entered into this quota.

Yes, the employees are entitled to Paid Overtime - but only after they have worked their additional minutes.  If an employee works over the 21 additional minutes, that time would be entered as overtime and evaluated as such.

Any further thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Janet,

You seem to confirm that there is no TimeIn/TimeOut entries, and the only thing that will differentiate a "regular" WSR and a "special" WSR will be it's code.

In that case, yes you could build a pcr to add "minutes" to an Accumulated Minutes Quota and at the end of each bi-weekly period, transfer the minutes into an Accumulated Hours Quota (unless you could add "hours" without loosing too much due to roundings).  Then, a Compressed Work Absence would deduct from the said Quota.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

If the employees can take that extra day whenever they want then yes, I would definitly use a quota to manage this!

Regards,

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Serge - I posted a long reply to Remi's comment.  Please check it out and let me know if you have any further comments or suggestions.  Thanks!