cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING: Crystal Report 7 ActiveX Designer Run Time Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're working with a company to support a legacy system which uses VB6.  We're trying to get the old environment up and running locally, but we are running into the following error:

MISSING: Crystal Report 7 ActiveX Designer Run Time Library

We know Crystal Report 7 is ancient, but we need to try and find the missing DLL to get the application to run.  Any idea where we might be able to download/purchase a version of this for local development?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy

Unfortunately, SAP does not keep any of the files, etc., once a product goes out of support. If I remember right, the ActiveX was installed along with CR 7 (e.g.; it was never available via the web - but this sooo long ago...)

Anyhow. If I am correct, you will have to see if there is anyone selling CR 7 on ebay or something like that. Get CR 7 that way, install it and you should have the ActiveX.

I can't even say upgrade to CR XI R2 as that is also out of support and it was the last version to come with the Active X. Though, ebay may come into play again and it should be easier to find CR XI R2 (v. 11.5), or even CR XI (v 11.0) as opposed to CR &. Then you'd need to upgrade your app to CR XI R2.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up guys!  We found one on ebay that we ended up purchasing.  So, we'll move forward with that and hopefully that resolves our issues.

Thanks again...

0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

If you search your PC or any PC that had that software installed you should find it as Ludek suggested it was installed. It is a COM dll so if you find the dll use regsvr32.exe to register it and possibly the app will start working. The one may be crviewer.dll, it too was a COM dll.

If it is just the reports you need to get running then any version of CR can open the reports, you'll have to update the database drivers but once you do that and save the reports any current app can use them.

Ido may be able to help you, he's been using CR SDK's for years.... Or he may have an updated app that can help you...

Good luck.

Don

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't have version 7.

Can you explain what this application does. There are 3rd-party tools (see http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html) that may solve that need.