cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtotals by dimension in the last position

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 4 dimension in the report. Dim1 Dim2 Dim3 Dim4 with dynamic expansion. I need a subtotal rows at the bottom for all members of Dim4 (PROJECT)

See the sample report image. Is it possible to create subtotals for dimension in the final position of a axes.

I have already tried to create a local member =SUM(EPMSELECTEDMEMBER(PROJECT)) with Insert After Row axis option but did not work.

I cannot move the Dim4 to any other position.

Thank for your replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can insert a local member 'After Row axis' in your report.Assuming that you have fixed no. of columns in the report.

Thanks,

Varsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varsha,

I don't think your formula does a subtotal only on PROJECT (dim4) as shown in the bottom of my original image. It will create a total row at the bottom. Also not that the Row expansion is dynamic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Apologies as I misinterpreted your question.

As Andy suggested, you can group the project dimension to reflect the totals for each project.

Another option if feasible would be to create another EPM report below with only the Project Dimension in Rows and TIME dimension in column.

Thanks,

Varsha Nalkur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Project is the last dimension on row axis grouping is not possible.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to use SUMIF in the local member...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, that is the first thing I tried. But, how to make the parameters dynamic ?. for example a local member =SUMIF(A1:A20,"Proj-15467",C1:C20) is always applying the formula for the 20 rows only. If the row expansion increases or decreases the formula is not adjusted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

To make it dynamic you need to use excel formulas, read up on index, offset key words.

Andy

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something like:

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim, That worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then - close the discussion

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

You can create a grouping sub total from EPM report editor.

If you want everything at the bottom report you can hide the lines and ref to the above.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate with some steps. I want to show both the report and the subtotals in the format above, not just the subtotals. I don't want to group the report by Project in the PROJECT dim member selection.