Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:- Payroll issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have following requirement

Total  number of working days 30 out of that 22 days needs to pay Total salary and Remaining 8 days needs to pay Basic-> 50%,  FDA->50% and VDA 50% and remaining wages need to calculate for 8 days .

Please help me for the solution .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. As Shine said, the proc cl 10 can be set to a specific value say 9 only for these w/t's Basic, FDA, VDA - as the pay rules are same for these w/t's.

2. The pcr XPPF and its sub rules may be copied as Zxxx and customized as below.

Note wherever XPPF and its sub pcr's are calling say XPP0, XPP1, etc, change these lines to call ZPP0, ZPP1, etc.

3. In pcr ZPPF change as below

ESGG / W/t:  * / /809

RTE=TKSOLL             "calendar days of mth

RTE-TKSAP*                " less all paid leave days

RTE-TKSAU*                " less all unpaid leave

RTE/TKSOLL                " divided by cal days of mth ->first part for working days

ZERO=&Z809               "set var Z809 to zero

ADDWT&Z809               "add temp results to var Z809

RTE=TKSOLL                "cal days of mth

RTE-TASOLL                 " less work days in mth = free days

RTE*0.5                         " multiply be 0.5

RTE/TKSOLL                 "divided by cal.days ->second part for off days

RTE+& Z809                  "add 1st part from var

ADDWT *                      "factor to pay the w/t 

Note there is a blank space before Z809 after & in the line

RTE+& Z809

The above should suffice.

.br JG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply , please check  as per your suggestion i have written pcr

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

now pls tell me where I need to all wage types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update friend, Please

regards

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned above,

a)The wage types need to be changed in V_512W_D proc cl 10 to a value 9.

b)I would suggest you do not change the standard PCR's or schemas.  Standard practice is to copy/create a customer PCR or schema with a Zxxx name.  For example XPP2 is copied as ZPP2 and changed as required.  When a pcr is changed, the schema which calls is is customized, then all the sub-schemas above and the main one. 

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

The solution has been building up and lots of good work, This is an informative thread with a different kind of issue...

In case above is all working fine then you can avoid my suggestion...

Else,

Can we do as below assuming employee is going to apply an absence type the days he would be taking off.

We can define a daily work schedule variant for an Absence which is applied in case employee is taking off. Functionality wise, when the employee applies this absence type, the daily work schedule variant would be called with reduced hours say 50% and that ways the wage payment would automatically be taken care off with no work on PCR etc..

Just a plan B. Was trying to bring

Your thoughts guys

Regards,

Shine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

As we discussed earlier my issue , I have written PCR for monthly salary Now i need to write same same rule for workers . is it possible to write in same rule and need to write new pcr , pls help me .

Need to write new pcr for Daily rate workers .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sober,

Can you share the PCR rule which you had written?

Where are your daily rate for the daily workers?

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

My initial thoughts is to have PC10 with a common value say 2 for the three wage types which needs to be deducted at 50% and remaining all other wage types say 1. This itself would group the wage types and pave the way for the PCR to calculate them separately. To define the PCR, would require inputs to the above question? Also is the 8 days to be paid 50% end of the month or when is it coming say beginning of the month, mid, shifts etc?

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sober,

Would this calculation logic be the same through out the year or for some months only?

Also to reconfirm for the 8 days other than basic, VDA and FDA all other wage types needs to be paid in full?

Regards,

Shine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not know how many months , client does not have the business , earlier they had 4 days weekly off  Now this months onwards  extra weekly of  8 days leave for all the employee  means total working hours for week 4 days only .

Basic -Remaining 8 days need to calculate 50%

VDA->Remaining 8 days need to calculate 50%

FDA->Remaining 8 days need to calculate 50%

Conveyance

Edu Allowance

Washing Allowance

Open air allowance

Personal allowancw

Need to Calcualte any thing 8 days above components

Please provide the solution .

Regards

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So then the logic can also be built on planned working hrs to be zero since it seems your paying 50% for off days. Let me check try to built on this solution too.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an absence type with 50% of pay.

For the eight days you can assign the new absence type.

So when you calculate the Payroll the amount will be paid as per requirement.

John Cheriyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John ,

Thanks for your reply . already we have PCR  which calculating the absence days . Above one is the new requirement .

please help me .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please elaborate the requirement?

Please share screen shot of the PCR and  schema also

John Cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response ,

here is the calculation details may be you are able to guide me now .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do they handled the 4 days absence for the employee? the same way you can do it for the 8 days.

Please share the PCR used for the 4 days holiday scanario

John Cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sahll i share my tv

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls see the above pcr  and help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this Layoff continuous one or specific date?

If it is specific date create two action one for layoff and another for end of layoff.

Write a PCR to check these two action. if it is lay off amount of the WT which needs to paid make it half and other make it zero..If action is end of layoff do not make any changes.

Incert the PCR in the schema after the payments & deductions.

John Cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John ,

This not lay off . They used to get weekly off Sunday, Due to shortage of business company has given additional extra 2 days off . it can be any day on the base of this we need to write pcr ,

Please help me how to write PCR as per the below calculation

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case you have to make change in the period work schedule, so that the employee has to work half day on the 8 days in the month.

Write a PCR to check the period work schedule to pay the amounts for other WT(WT which are not paying for 8 days) according to the requirement.

John cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But 8 days can be any day in the middle of week in that case how can period of work schedule

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But 8 days can be any day in the middle of week in that case how can period of work schedule

Then how can system will calculate 50% of basic

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one more option is there

Create dummy WT for all the wage type in consideration in IT0015 or IT0014.

and enter the number as 8.

Create PCR to calculate the amount for the eight days for the WTs.

and minus each dummy WT from the orginal WT

JohnCheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given the same suggestion , They told me we do not require any other components in the same payslip

Suppose basic pay is there it has to calculate 22 days + 8 days it has to display only one header no other head is required .

I told them to  calculate for 8 days and pay thru it 14 or 15

if possible if is display same header in will be workout , other guide me how to write pcr  . Tmrw they need to run payroll , its very very urgent , please help me

Regrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not display in payslip. you can control it.

It can be shown as one header in the payslip.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

how pls guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one PCR to calculate the values for all the dummy WT.

Another PCR to subtract that amount from the original WTs.

after subtracting pass the last amount to the original WT to replace the actual value.

No need to make any changes in the payslip. the amount will be after subtracting the 8 days payment.

John cheriyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I DO NOT HAVE MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABT PCR , IF U COULD HELP ME I WILL BE GRATEFUL TO U

REGARDS

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thinking differently, can we work around the work schedules to solve this issue than a PCR. I am thinking like create a daily work schedule variant for saturday and sunday with reduced hours say 50%.

Then include the same in your currently using daily work schedule.

So working wise, when it comes to sat and sun, the variant daily work schedule would be called with reduced hours and this would naturally reduce the number of working hours for the day and the salary would be calculated accordingly. This way no need of playing with PCR.

Pls check if this would help your situation.

Thanks

Shine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunday is compulsory holiday , remaining 2 extra days  They can take leave any days in a week

total working hours in weeks would be 4 days rest of three days leave . 22 days need to pay full pay and remaining 8 days need to pay 50% of basic for example basic is Rs 200 for 50% need to pay Rs 100 and some wage we need not pay for 8 days . This is very trick issue . I do know how to solve this issue

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho Sober,

I think these 22 working day's could be vary based upon the month. If you are taking a example of three month like Feb, March and April. These three month having three different calendar day's then definitely your working day would be vary. And weekly off could be 4 day's or even 5day's in a month(like example May'16 and Feb'16).

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh ok. This part I understood now.

Now on those 2 days can you take any leave or there is a specific leave type for those 2 days and not earned leave. If there is specific leave days, then we can query the same use the function VARAB in the PCR and then process salary accordingly.

Shall try to work this out in the system and get back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok pls , they can take leave any day , pls see its very urgent

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are correct . it will be very month to month .pls help me

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. Then could you tell me with below three scenario's that what would be your calculation process.

Suppose your Basic is 2000, FDA is 1000 and VDA is 1000.

1. Month of Feb'16

Where working day's 25 and 4 day's as Weekly Off.

2. Month of March'16

Where working day's 26 and 4 day's as Weekly Off

3. Month of April'16

Where working day's 26 and 4day's as Weekly Off.

You please add different number of absences for the month Feb, March and April and then share the details calculation which you are looking for.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

Suppose in the FEB Month total Days 29

Basic =500/29= 17.24138 per days

Addition weekly off 8 days

8*17.24138=137.931

Deduction from the Basic 500-137=363

Basic will be Rs 363

Remaining 8 days 50%

per days 17.241/2=8.32

This is the logic .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

So for 8day's basic would be (8*8.32)= 66.56

Total basic for the month would be = 363+66.56= 429.56

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the wage type , pls help me where it has to add

1000Basic         
1001VDA 
1002FDA    
1003House Rent Allowance
9D16Conveyance  
9D09Edu / Ch Edu Allow  
1024Washing Allowance
1015Open Air Allowance 

Personal Allowance 

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES YOUR ARE CORRECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you please modify your factoring PCR like below.

Since your calculation based upon the working day's and after that absence day's with weekly off.

/808

RTE=TKAU**

RTE+TKAP**

RTE+TKAX**

RTE/2

ADDWT&101A

RTE=TASOLL

RTE+& 101A

RTE*KGENAU

RTE/TKDIVI

ADDWT *

Maintain PC10 as 8 for all the wage type for which this kind of calculation would be required.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the actual Calculation

Pls guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sober,

I think in your excel sheet working day's would be 21 instead of 22day's. In the month of Feb total calendar day's are 29 and you have taken 8day's absence so that means actual working day's would 21 or your absence day's are wrong here in the excel sheet.

I think previous factoring part will be worked for 1st three wage type. You will add PC10 as 8 in V_T512W_D for these three wage types.

For HRA wage type you will give 0 for PC10.

For other wage type you will use 1 for PC10.

Hope so it will work.

Regards,

Sankarsan