cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Browser Access in SAP B1 9.2 on AWS

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed SAP B1 9.2 on Amazon Web Services(AWS) and we are able to login through Browser Successfully using Internal Network whereas we are not able to Connect through Browser outside the RDP (External Network).

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

M.Om Sankeerth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

After many Trials , finally it is working by following the below method.

We needs to use third party tools to do request handling, where SAP prefers Reverse proxy server

1. Prepare an internal certificate for the internal domain and import the internal root certificate to all Windows servers.

2. Find a server to be the Reverse proxy server. This server needs to have the public IP address.

3. Purchase an external domain name for the SLD (System Landscape Directory) and other components. Ensure the external domain name is bound to the public IP address of this proxy server.

4. From http://nginx.org/, download the nginx binary file according to your target operating system, and extract the binary file to a local folder. The recommended nginx version is 1.8.0 or higher.

5. Install nginx on the proxy server.

6. On the proxy server, under the ${nginx}\html\ folder, create a folder named as ControlCenter.

7. On the SLD server, go to ${SLDInstallationFolder}/ServerTools/SLD/webapps, get the SLDControlCenter.war file.

8. Copy and unzip the SLDControlCenter.war file to ${nginx}\html\ControlCenter.

9. Generate the server.cer and server.key files from your PKCS12 (.pfx) file using the OpenSSL library.

10. Copy both files to the ${nginx}/cert folder. If the cert folder does not already exist, create it manually.

11. Copy the attached "Nginx_conf.zip" file to the ${nginx}/conf folder and extract the content. Override any existing content, if necessary.

And then there are few configurations to be done in Conf File of nginx\conf\b1c_extAddress.conf (Needs to Give IP Address and External Domain)

Regards,

M.Om Sankeerth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May I know what database platform your are using? Is it HANA or SQL? We are currently evaluating that setup.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

We are using it ion HANA Platform.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply , my question now is that how did you install the B1H 9.2 in AWS. What template did you used? Do you have like skype or something so that I can message you directly?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

We have followed the steps mentioned in document provided by AWS and following is the link for your reference.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/quickstart-reference/sap/B1/latest/doc/SAP_Business_One_for_HANA_on_the_AWS...

You can  connect with me in skype. (omsankeerth - skype Id)

Regards,

M.Om Sankeerth

(+91-9741075315)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you already see this post:

Maybe it helps you with the external browser access.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Gari,

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the Note which you have provided, still there is no luck for us, let me give you a brief idea on the Server side.

1.Linux Server - Private Network

2.Windows Server(SAP Client) - Private Network

3.Windows Server(1 RDP Instance) - Public Network

Through RDP Instance only we are able to connect to Linux as well as Windows(SAP Client). We have installed SAP Gate Keeper Browser Access in Windows(SAP Client) Server and we are able to login through Browser but not from any other Instance/Server.

Please Suggest.

Regards,

M.Om Sankeerth.

(+91-9741075315)

0 Kudos

Hi Sankeerth,

Did you solved the issue, please share.

Regards:

Prasanna