cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Accounting Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on SAP implementation project for Govt Education Institute. They deal with 6 banking partners for financial transactions.

I have defined 6 House banks in SAP, while under each they have multiple bank accounts.

When I create the bank accounts for particular bank I need to add GL for bank account. I have created 3 GL accounts for each bank accounts in Chart of accounts which are Main G/L, In G/L, Out G/L.

Can you advise me whether I need to create such 3 G/Ls for each bank accounts under same House bank.

Kindly reply.

-Omkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omkar,

Yes, it is the right approach. For 6 House Banks 18 GL accounts. 3 GLs for each bank. But ask your clients as well about it. Sometimes, they do not need the separate GLs for incoming, outgoing and main bank if the transactions with a particular bank are not so much.

But make sure that you do the correct configuration under FBZP Bank Determination and House Banks FI12.

Please close the thread if your answer has been received.

Thanks

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client have 6 banking partners. For an example in 1 bank they have 22 bank accounts and all of them are operative and required. Then should I create 22 X 3 = 66 GL accounts?

1st as Main

2nd as In

3rd as Out.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to create it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

The answer would be Yes. But I am sure they would not be dealing with all 22 Bank Accounts with equal number of transactions.

I mean to say, check with them if they have equal number of transactions for all 22 Bank Accounts If yes, you need to create 22*3 = 66 accounts.

If they say for example , out of 22 the use 10 accounts frequently and rest 12 occasionally, then you can convince them not to create 3 accounts for all banks.

Just blindly creating 66 accounts and later using half of them, will not make sense.

Thanks

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Yes, you have to create 3 bank GL account for each account no.

Regards,

Mukthar