Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error "Appraisee Course 'xyz' not allowed"

kishan_padiyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I am getting an error message "Appraisee Course 'xyz' not allowed" when performing a Course appraisal and also I am unable to Complete or Save the form as the buttons are not visible.

I have released a template from "PHAP_CATALOG" and also have assigned the template ID to the field Classroom training in the table "V_LSOTFORMC_AF_C" from SM30

Now in the Learning portal, I get the option of Perform Course appraisal for a completed course, but when I click on Perform Course Appraisal, I get the error Appraisee Course 'Template_1' not allowed

I have also tried maintaining relationships between course/course type and appraisal template, but gives the same error.

May i request your expert opinions regarding the above mentioned issue.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Kishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In phap_catalog, double click on the category to which the template is assigned. Check the Allowed appraise type in the tab Participants.

kishan_padiyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tania,

Thank you for your response.

The allowed Appraiser and Appraisee type is maintained as Person

So, in the portal I am able to select the persons but there is no Save or Complete button.

Best Regards,

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are trying to appraise a course, the allowed appraisee type should be Course. Hence all templates for Course appraisals should be assigned to a separate category with the allowed appraisee type Course.

kishan_padiyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tania,

But there is no option in the drop down available for Course

The only options available are Organizational Unit, Person and User

This is the same for all the drop down options (Appraiser, Appraisee, Further Appraiser etc...)

Best Regards,

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is probably since you are within the Category group Personnel Appraisals. Try this,

1) Use PHAP_CATALOG instead of PHAP_CATALOG_PA

2)  Check if there is an existing category under SAP Learning solution, else create a new category.

Here you will see Course as an option for Allowed appraisee type.

kishan_padiyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

That was a useful information. Thank you.

I have created another template under a newly created category under SAP Learning Solution.

Also I maintained the allowed apraisee type as Course.

But now, after releasing the template and assigning it in the table V_LSOTFORMC_AF_C, and when I go back to the learning portal and check for Course Appraisal, I am not facing the error anymore but I still am not able to find the Save or Completed buttons to finish the form after editing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not worked on LSO appraisals in particular, but for all appraisal templates, you need to define push buttons in Config. These then need to be assigned in the Status flow tab of the template.