SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeding Continuous Chemicals Process Data (e.g. Distillation) into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the best practice to feed data from a continuous chemicals process (but with time varying throughput) into SAP? Unlike a batch operation there are no distinct points in time when Raw Materials are used & Products appear into the inventory.

What's the best conceptual framework to convert the existing business process for a continuous chemicals production process (e.g. distillation) into a new SAP system?

Any tips or documents regarding this? How do others from the Chemicals domain manage this?

1 REPLY 1

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahil

it is not clear to which object you would like to link... and what process you are discussing.

in SAP PP etc. you can manage "production"; we have the so called "repetitive manufacturing"

it is "common" to use measurement of many kind to detect "flow" in chemical plant; and by flow (and knowing the composition) you can link that to PP in my opinion (I assume that you would like to get some "automatic" process for doing the "goods movement"; any "destillation" has some "input" and some "output" (material numbers, quantities). The reason is simply. you are doing, as explained by you, a continous production. IN my opinion in your example "repetitive manufacturing" is a good starting point

C.B.