Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could i Hide the Selection Screen Variant

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one report MB52, One of my client is running this report in background using Variant.

But if i open the MB52  And press the Variant, What are all the Existing Variant it is Not showing in the List At mb52  Selection Screen.

If i given variant name then press in Selection Screen Values are coming. Which means Variant is exists but It was hidden.

If i give some values in the selection screen Save under Variant , The variant name is i was given already existing one,

While saving it is asking me to Overwrite the Variant or Not. Which means Variant is Exists but it was hidden.

How could i hide the Selection Screen Variant. With out using SHD0,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea what the problem is. It would be easier if you compare the definition of this variant with other variants in tables VARID, VARIT (texts), ... Is it a variant named SYS&... or CUS&...? (cross-client)

21 REPLIES 21

jay_kumar8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During saving the varaint you need to check the check box " Only Display in Catalog" and save the varaint.

So it will not appear in F4 help.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Ok But After saving Variant , Variant icon(F4) is also not appearing At selection Screen. But in production Variant icon is displaying but there is no Variant name.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can save one more variant without checking the check box and save.

Variant icon will appear.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

You Are not understood my point.

If i save the Variant without check box Saving and If i press F4 that variant name is appearing.

But I told You naa. In production There is no variant but F4 is  displaying If i press F4 No variant. But if i give back ground job variant and execute then selection screen fields are filling.

How Icon is appearing.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the icon for get variant (selection screen variant) is actually Shift+F5

F4 is the usual search help which only works for a field where your cursor is located.

I guess you are talking about the field Display Variant, which is the ALV variant for the result list that can be chosen in the lower part of MB52, this is not a selection variant.

You only get to see general variants and your own personal variants, you can't see other users personal variants

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply. At selection screen. the Variant is not displaying.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you click on 'Get variant' Icon, after getting the POP up of variant press F8. There can be more variants, that's the reason it is not directly showing you the list and instead giving option to search selected one.

Press F8 when you get the variant popup screen.

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply. More variants means more than 20, I have more than 20 in the Variants, may i know this is the reason, In production it is not showing. But in Development it is having 3 variant Directly it is showing. Any how thanks You.

0 Kudos

if you have more than 10-11 variants, you will not get the list directly, i guess.

0 Kudos

Thank You never observe this one.Only i have 3 to 7 only in some reports. Thank you.

I will close the post As early as possible , I have no doubt.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you really never try to hit execute in this selection pop-up? you went straight to SCN to spend x times more effort to post this question?

0 Kudos

you'd have better included the screen capture in your initial question, because that's really not what I understood, other guys probably not too! LOL

0 Kudos

Dear Sir, I don't know the option F8  is available At Variant . That the reason i was posted.

0 Kudos

I never use the Function keys. Through the mouse only i am operating.

0 Kudos

Ok........

0 Kudos

F8 is nothing but the 'execute' icon, which you can find at the bottom of the variant popup.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandra Rossi wrote:

you'd have better included the screen capture in your initial question, because that's really not what I understood, other guys probably not too! LOL

Yes, this is quite a departure from the original post.

@OP - first, the variants defined with "for background processing" can only be opened in SE38 -> Variants. Since these variants are meant for the background jobs, the users should not have easy access to change them. Otherwise what would be the point of this option?

Second, when the amount of variants reaches certain number, the additional pop-up appears with some selection criteria (usually the user ID gets filled in there). This is an annoying and most likely redundant feature in SAP, not just in one transaction. It's been mentioned somewhere in this post, if memory serves.

Answers to these questions can be easily found by searching SCN, reading documentation or even just asking a more experienced SAP team member next to you.

Kindly make sure to do some research before posting on SCN. And when posting questions make sure they are written clearly, using proper grammar (including punctuation and capitalization). Better yet - include a screenshot, as suggested.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea what the problem is. It would be easier if you compare the definition of this variant with other variants in tables VARID, VARIT (texts), ... Is it a variant named SYS&... or CUS&...? (cross-client)

0 Kudos

I checked in the table, Variant Environment field, If you save the variant under protect variant then only It it saved as A.

In development also i did the same thing but the variant is displaying.

My questions  is how they hide the variant Production.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can only guess that this has something to do with the variant saved as "for background processing only" but overall am also not able to understand the post.

0 Kudos

In Development i was created the variant Under the For background processing only.F4 is not displaying