cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with CR for VS 13 - Correct Installation Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I intend to work with Crystal Reports for VS 13 on a win7 64-bit os and the admin sent the necessary installation files (exe-file, clickonce-file, mergemodules-file, 32-bit and 64-bit-install-file) to me.

My question: Do I still have to install VS or is it included somehow (in form of plugins e.g.) in one of the installation files?

If not, what is the correct procedure for installation?

Sorry, but I am a beginner to this topic.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for your help.

Eberhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eberhard

Take a look at this doc:

It has all the details re. CR for VS. But in a nutshell;

On your dev computer you must have VS 2010 or later installed.

Download and install the latest Install exe from the doc I referenced above. This will give you the CR SDK as well as a CR designer integrated into the VS IDE.

Develop your app.

Deploy your app along with the CR runtime. You can use the MSI or the MSM. MSM is only 32 bit. MSI - there are both 32 and 64 bit flavors. MSI is nice because it includes all the dependencies (VC ++ runtime, etc.). MSM does not include the dependencies.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there some key you need to be concerned about when installing on the target computer?

I keep reading about it.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a key required in earlier versions, but not for the latest version.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got to install the VS 2010 ultimate. During installation I had problems with the proxy-settings, but did not know. Our service desk couldn´t help either, until a colleague of mine had the right idea.

Afterward I installed CR successfully, but now I cannot find how to open the application.

Can anybody help me please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got to start the application, but the language is English, altough I installed the CR in German.

Does anybody know what to do to change the language?