cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a button/linkbutton/imagebutton in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in C# windows application in VS2010. I have three columns in my report - ProductName, Quantity, PurchaseDate. Now I want an extra column which on click will show the chart for that particular product. I'm new to crystal report so don't how how to create a button/linkbutton/imagebutton in report. Please advise how can I pass the productname value to show the chart.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not add a button in a report. Best you might be able to do is hide / show sections of a report.

You could also create a formula as a place holder, then populate the formula with a database field at runtime, thus making it appear as if a column was added.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe activating drill down reporting on the viewer and either using an on-demand subreport linked to the Product ID of the row or displaying the main data in a group footer and using the drill down functions to expand the details lines and have the chart in the detail section would work.

0 Kudos

You can add more fields by using RAS, see the Overview Tab, on the left, for samples link on adding columns to the report. You will need to add a button on your form to be able to add field to your report, CR Viewer does not have the ability.

Don