cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto PGR on decentral Inbound Delivery confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're having a project where our warehouse runs on Manhattan WMOS, so I use decentralized in our SAP ERP (ECC 6).

Everything is working fun, but I run into a question which could potentially cause issues.

We allow for partial receipts on our inbound delivery confirmations by using the EWM segments, which is all working fine.

After the warehouse 'says' everything is received, we receive a separate message to post the final GR, which 'closes' out the inbound delivery.

Now we run into an issue when the following occurs, and I'll provide a simple example.

Inbound delivery; 9123456789

Item: MAT001

Quantity: 100 EA

Now we receive IDOC nr 1:

-     Segment: E1BPIBDLVHDRCON:

DELIV_NUMB:     9123456789

-     Segment: E1BPIBDLVHDRCTRLCON:

POST_GI_FLAG: X

-     Segment: /SPE/E1BPIBDLVHDRCTRLCONF:

SENDER_METHOD:     GRPD

-     Segment: E1BPIBDLVITEMCON:

DELIV_ITEM:       000010

MATERIAL:          MAT001

BATCH:                IT

DLV_QTY:            50

FACT_UNIT_NOM:          1

FACT_UNIT_DENOM:     1

STOCK_TYPE:     X

-     Segment: E1BPIBDLVITEMCTRLCON

CHG_DELQTY:    X

-     Segment: /SPE/E1BPIBDLVITEMCONF

QTY_POST:         50

This gets posted ok, and a material document for the 50 pieces is created.

Now we receive IDOC nr. 2 with exactly the same information.

The IDOC posts successfully and another material document for 50 pieces is created.

However, because now we have received the full quantity (100 EA), SAP automatically 'closes' out the delivery.

This is not what we want...

Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening? We cannot allow this, because technically someone might discover they made a mistake on the 2nd receipt and might want to correct it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert ,

First question is, if the I-docs from EWM are doing partial receipts then as soon as full quantity is received, Inbound delivery will get closed as you have allowed for partial receipts on inbound delivery. In this case, there is no need of one extra I-doc for the confirmation.

Second, If there is any business case where is it necessary that a final confirmation I-doc should closed the Inbound Delivery, then the initial I-docs should be used only for the reference for the last confirmed i-doc and partial receipt should not be there for the inbound delivery. The final I-doc should post the GR for the inbound delivery and there should be validation with the initial I-docs coming with partial GR quantity.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand decentralized WM (besides EWM) isn't that common anymore, but really nobody? 😞

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should explain why the delivery should not be closed when the full delivery quantity was received?

What is the reason that it should stay open any further?