Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at selection screen on same value request for different parameter

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to add the same f4 help for multiple parameters.

I have 10 parameters like p_table1, p_table2 ...etc

Created search help for p_table1 using FM ' F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST' through AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1.

I knew i can create same way for other parameters too and i don't want multiple times and create any search help in SE11 because this f4 help is dynamic.

I want to know if another way is there for using same search help "AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1 (We can pass any Dynamic parameter).?"

Can we add same f4 help for multiple parameters?.

Thanks,

Chella

9 REPLIES 9

former_member197916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

you can try like this:

ATSELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1.

perform help.

ATSELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table2.

perform help.

write your fm and logic for help in form help.

hope it helps

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am dynamically creating 'N' number of parameter in report using ("INSERT REPORT" key word) . Parameter name it self dynamic but it will start with p_table1,2,3...etc.

So i can't use multiple times "AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR".

Thanks,

Chella

0 Kudos

If you use INSERT REPORT, you can do whatever you want. So why can't you pass these lines to INSERT REPORT ? :

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1.
perform help.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table2.
perform help.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I knew that method. I already mention that in my question itself "I knew i can create same way for other parameters too and i don't want create multiple times".

I want to know dynamically i can pass any parameter to AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR (...)? instead of writing N number of time?

Thanks,

Chella

0 Kudos

Chella V wrote:

Hi Sandra,

I knew that method. I already mention that in my question itself "I knew i can create same way for other parameters too and i don't want create multiple times".

"I knew I can create same way for other parameters too and i don't want create multiple times" has nothing to do with Sandra's suggestion of using dynamic code creation in INSERT REPORT.

I want to know dynamically i can pass any parameter to AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR (...)? instead of writing N number of time?

Thanks,

Chella

No. You can't. That is why Sandra has suggested a viable alternative. So either use the alternative or give up.

0 Kudos

Read the ABAP documentation of that statement, you'll see immediately that you can't pass several names

AT SELECTION-SCREEN - selscreen_event 

Syntax 

... { OUTPUT } 
  | { ON {para|selcrit} } 
  | { ON END OF selcrit } 
  | { ON BLOCK block } 
  | { ON RADIOBUTTON GROUP group } 
  | { } 
  | { ON {HELP-REQUEST|VALUE-REQUEST} 
      FOR {para|selcrit-low|selcrit-high} } 
  | { ON EXIT-COMMAND }. 

{para|selcrit-low|selcrit-high} stands for only one name.

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra Rossi and Matthew Billinghafor making me understand.

Thanks,

Chella

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried creating elementary search help in SE11 and assign the search helps to those parameters?

You can make use of Search help exit if you want to do any changes to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, when defining F4 Help using AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1, you have to define these individual events.

What you can do is, you can have a single Subroutine for this F4 help which caters to all these f4 help.

For example, lets say you have P_TABLE1, P_TABLE2, P_TABLE3.

You can define as

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table1.

perform f4_help using 1.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table2.

perform f4_help using 2.

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ONVALUE-REQUEST FOR p_table3.

perform f4_help using 3.

form f4_help using pv_fldindex type any.

concatenate 'P_TABLE' pv_fldindex INTO w_fldnm.

*&- Here based on the field name you can assign conditions for f$ help and use the FM F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST.

endform.