SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds commitment in a PO

sorina_butcu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In EA-PS 600 we activated BAdI FMFR_ALLOW_DOCCATS to reduce funds commitment from purchase orders (ME21N), the document categories allowed are 030 - funds reservation and 050-funds commitment, yet 050 is not accepted in PO , returning the error "RE002 Document & is not a funds reservation"

BAdI's method:

METHOD if_ex_fmfr_allow_doccats~get_allowed_doccats.

DATA: ls_doccats TYPE LINE OF fmfr_allow_dcat_tt.

ls_doccats = 030.

APPEND ls_doccats TO e_t_doccats.

ls_doccats = 050.

APPEND ls_doccats TO e_t_doccats.

ENDMETHOD.

Has anyone used this BAdI's to reduce Funds commitments from POs ? without upgrading to  EA-PS 603 or higher where this integration MM-FM exists.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sorina

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to put breakpoint to see that BADI implementation is at least triggered?

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Standard reduction of PO from commitment is available only from 6.06 (not 6.03).

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes, it's triggered. We also tried to  let the E_T_DOCCATS table empty so that the reduction to be permitted for all document categories, didn't work either, we had another error RE012 Reduction not possible; doc 9 has a doc cat. (050) that is not allowed.

P.S. right about 6.06 (not 6.03), I wrote 6.03 because of the function PSM_FM_CI_1 which allows material reservations to be integrated with funds management, and which could be useful in this case

Thanks,

Sorina

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to admit, that I never used this BADI and always thought that it applies only to Spanish localization. I'd raise a ticket to OSS asking for the reason. If you do so, please, update the thread after you get their feedback.

0 Kudos

Ticket to OSS was posted today, I'll be back with their feedback.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sorina,

In EA-PS 600, the BAdI is used to determine which document categories of earmarked funds can be reduced by FI documents and MM documents of the MM invoice check (e.g. Logistics invoices).

For Purchase Orders, there is Business Function  PSM_FM_LOC_CI_01.

See its documentation: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm800/helpdata/en/68/f31c5686c14ba9ae9c47b943b60e3c/content.htm?frames...

It is available as of 606. Just take a look and see if this may help you.

Besides , I must say I am not aware of any specific solution for Romania Public Sector. You may want to get in touch with your local SAP Subsidiary for more info.

Hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Mar

0 Kudos

Thank you Mar,

I'm searching for a solution for EA-PS 600, without having to upgrade to 606.

I am aware of PSM_FM_CI_1 and PSM_FM_CI_4 functions, but for now they aren't useful.

Have a nice day,

Sorina

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Sorina for your answer
In EA-PS 600, I believe this requirement cannot be achieved. That was the reason why PSM_FM_LOC_CI_01 was developed...

kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

I'm afraid so.

Still I'm waiting for SAP response, maybe that bAdi could be useful.

Regards,

Sorina

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorina,
The BAdI FMFR_ALLOW_DOCCATS is for MM logistic invoices, and FI documents...
kind regards

Mar