Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition operator in GRC 10.1 ruleset is not reverting back to OR condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on GRC 10.1 SP13.

We have custom ruleset and I was playing with ruleset as we recently migrated from 5.3,

I changed the status of a action (tcode) in a function, I changed it to inactive saved it and changed it back to active and saved it, when I looked at the changed history, the condition operator under permission tab, for the active auth object ones are changed to 'AND' operator but prior to my changes they were 'OR', when I change it to 'OR' and save it, it is changing and it is reverting back to 'AND'.

Did anyone come across this issue?

Any suggestions would really appreciate it, or is this a bug

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

GRC Gurus,

Can anyone please let me know if my question or issue is a stupid one? did anyone on SP13 GRC.10.1 have same issue? or am I doing anything wrong, thanks

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

To repost my reply to your email to me for the benefit of the Community:

If I had an answer for you I would have responded. At my organization we are just starting our upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1. To be honest I would not have gone to SP13, as it is too new. We are going to SP12 so that it is likelier than any issues/bugs in SP12 will have corrections available in SP13. That seems to be the approach most people take in my observation, at least in GRC. I know, that does not help you now. Since no one has responded. I recommend opening an Incident with SAP (or whoever your service contract is with).

In the future, please do not expect instant replies; it is still not even 24 hours since you posted your question. Nearly everyone here on SCN is here as a volunteer with a full time day job; this is not an official SAP support channel. SCN is just  a lot of good people helping one another when we can. You are apparently on the bleeding edge, and perhaps we will all learn from your SP13 experience, if you can share the resolution when you get one.

Good luck!

Gretchen

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

This works as per the functionality in 10.x. This is a new change from 5.3.

Please check this KBA 1905343. You might have loaded the rules instead of using BC set. After that whenever you try to change it, the functions fix it by itself to AND.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem.

You are right, we migrated from 5.3 to 10.1 so used the same ruleset and not the BC Sets.

Checked the KB article

(1905343 - Condition type AND is mandatory for single value field)

and we have only one value for that particular Auth Object and it is taking only AND, and if I add another activity for the same Auth Object, and changing the operator to OR for both and saving it, it is taking the value so that solves the issue and it does make sense for multiple values

I am hoping if having AND for single value, will still brings out the same risks? and I believe it is always 'AND' between different auth-ojects of same action?

Thanks a lot Prem for your response appreciate it

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is applicable for only same object and field. Not across the object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers (0)