cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's possible add inventory in time greater than 6 months?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem because in SAP they registered transaction with inventory in transit, and inventory or stock put on negative and i try to change that adding the stock in the correct time of transaction for dismiss negative inventory, but the system don't let me add new stock in time greater than 6 months.

It's problem in configuration of project in Bussiness Configuration WoC, or that it's not possible?

Regards,

Eduardo Rotundo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

You are creating a physical inventory count like Product Count, Logistics Area Count, New Inventory Adjustment. You enter Key Date which is beyond 6 months in past. System displays error messages saying:  Error Message:'Key date XX/YY/ZZZZ not valid; date should be between AA/BB/CCCC and PP/QQ/RRRR

The system works as designed. The purpose of this check is to provide data entry control, which prevents postings for future dates or postings dates which go more than 6 months into the past.

The purpose of this check is it to prevent postings which refer to erroneous data entry (e.g. transposed digits: user wants to post per 01.10.2010 but erroneously types 01.01.2010, or 01.10.2001).

This type of error happens quite often so that Solution Management decided to reject data entry,which is not plausible in this respect. On the other hand, we assess the case that a posting was forgotten in the past and is handed in with a delay of more than 6 months to be rather unlikely.

So even if corresponding account period is open for operational posting, system will not accept such date as Key Date.

On exceptional use case, we can allow the user to post the documents beyond 6 months. To address this further, we request you to report an incident to SAP.

We request you to mark this thread/question as answered or helpful, if we have addressed your query.

Thanks,

Nithin

Answers (0)