Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read a workflow status [Configure Business Rules]

nvillanueva_IL1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community Network,

I am working on a configuration to send (TO-DO) alerts and email notifications to HR people and managers. I am able to configure rules that send these alerts days before an HR deadline is approaching (these dates are recorded in the employee's Job Information section so I use that object in the rule).

However I have cases when the alerts and notifications must be sent out not in reference to a date but when a specific workflow is completed. I have been trying to find the way to read a workflow's status ("complete") but I can't seem to find the object that has that field (if there is any). Is there a way to detect and put this condition in a rule?  (IF workflow XYZ = "complete"   THEN send alert message = "alert123").

Thank you,

Nestor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This isn't possible. Is there any reason why you cant use the standard CC Users role in a workflow configuration?

nvillanueva_IL1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your reply.

I am already using the standard CC roles and Approver types in the workflow configuration to send a TO-DO alert (for approvers) and an email notification (for CC roles). This is configured in the rule as "SET Alert.Workflow Information TO BE EQUAL TO my_workflow"

The challenge is how to tell the rule to trigger the alerts and emails when a workflow is completed as opposed to sending alerts depending on a specific date.

-Nestor

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nestor,

I'm struggling to follow a bit because of the terminology you are using. What I think you are trying to say is that you want Alerts and Notifications to raise notifications based on a workflow being completed, as opposed to a date.

The system standard behavior is for the CC User roles to be used to send emails once a workflow is completed. Alerts and Notifications is not designed to do this.

Best regards,

Luke

nvillanueva_IL1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Luke.

Regards,

Nestor

Answers (0)