Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sourcing with demand split in SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expets,

Need your Expertise here,

We need to set up a demand split situation in SAP APO, when the capacity of the primary vendor is reached the remaining demand should be posted to the second vendor.

for example if the capacity of the primary vendor is 100 and if the requirement is 150 for the bucket, the 100 should flow to the primary vendor and the remaining 50 should be to the second vendor.

If the requirement is only 75  (which is less than the capacity(100) of the primary vendor) the entire demand should flow to the primary vendor only.

Please provide your comments on this and help me in meeting this requirement. Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Yasar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am unclear on how scheduling agreements will help.   You can have APO add schedule lines to the scheduling agreement but how will SNP Heuristics use a scheduling agreement upto a certain quantity then source the remaining quantity from a different vendor?   SNP optimizer and CTM can control this but not SNP heuristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar

Can you please let us know which planning solution you are using.

In mean time also go through the following link which could help you to understand the Quota arrangements in SAP APO.

Consideration of Incoming Quota Arrangements - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your comments.

We are using SNP Heuristics for planning.

I need to know whether demand split is possible to the vendor. Because in Quota arrangement the requirement will get splits on the mentioned percentage irrespective of the vendor capacity. Whereas our requirement is like whenever the requirement exceeds primary vendor's capacity then only the remaining requirement should goes to the second vendor.

Please provide your valuable comments in this. Many thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yasar

How you are planning the vendor capacity? As far as I know SNP Heuristic planning is unconstrained planning so you are unable to plan the capacity constraint. You can try to check about the scheduling agreement solution in APO.

Prerequisites for the APO Scheduling Agreement - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your comments. Yes I agree, Heuristic planning is unconstrained and will supply irrespective of the capacity. But this is what our requirement is.

Is this case possible with Scheduling Agreement or other types.

Please provide your valuable comments in this. Many thanks !

Regards,

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar

Yes I think you can model the constraints using scheduling agreement .

Kindly request you to please close the thread according to our SDN guidelines mentioned below.

Thanks

Amol