cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you have multiple parameters for a dimension set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on in my visualization having different parameters for a dimension set, so the dimensions in the dimension set are of the same type, but just different value.

For example, the dimension set is color, and I want to give the user freedom to drag any combination of brown, blue, green, or purple into the dimension. They are even able to drag only one color into the dimension set.

However, the part where I am stuck is when you have to configure data structure and data binding, you have to define what dimensions go in which order in the dimension set. Since this is preset, how do I give the user the choice of whether to put brown green or green brown? They are the same thing in the visualization but in the configuring data structure and data binding section they will not be...

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on the requirement a little more? It is not clear, at least to me, as to what you are trying to achieve.

Would be great if you could attach a screenshot or provide a snapshot of the data.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukesh,

What is your email as I am not able to attach excel files...

Thanks

0 Kudos

HI,

You can click on the " Use advanced editor" and attach the excel file.

Thanks,

Sudarshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my data set. Another issue is that I cannot put the colors as dimensions.

The end result I want is, when I drag "brown" as a dimension into my visualization and the name (either hidy or benson), it will display everything where brown has a 1 value.