cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label DW Predefined Label list not populated in PB 12.6 Classic ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how to get back the Predefined Label list in PB 12.6 ?

When I try to create a new label datawindow, the Datawindow Creation Wizard does not allow me to select a predefined label as usual at third step !

It works fines in PB 12.5 Classic !

Any idea of what is going on ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice;

This feature works great for me in PB v12.6 ...

FYI: I am using PB 12.6 build 4088 on W7 & W10.  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see... it's a regression then :

I'm currently using build 3035 with an ISUG NFR license.

I think that in that case we do not have any more access to EBF, right ?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice;

Yes, I suspect that the 1st v12.6 release you have (build 3035) is the issue. There were many EBF's since that initial build that addressed many issues with the 12.6 release functionality in various areas.

=> I think that in that case we do not have any more access to EBF, right ?

Correct, when SAP took over from Sybase they imposed their rule that you cannot access any PB EBF or MR unless you have an SAP Support Contract. Sybase on the other hand never restricted any PB user to support contract in order to get any patch(es) - even for NFR's.

This is a prime example where SAP hammered the PB Community & product ... unlike any other software vendor like Borland, Delphi, MS, Oracle, etc that allows you access to any EBF/MR for a product that you already purchased without having to buy a support contract on top of that. 

Hang in there though .. Appeon is coming and with that (I believe) a whole new back to the future approach in this area.  

Regards ... Chris

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, it is really cruel that the PowerBuilder 12.6 NFR has so much defects

and that not even the ISUG offers a legal download of "bug fixes"  to its members.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is ever crueler Arnd is that potential new developers that are investigating whether they want to buy PB in the first place are using the "trial" version of PB 12.6. The trial version is basically the NFR - build 3035. So trial users are in the same sinking boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trial users hit "Deinstall"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrice,

Send me an email.  I can help you with the EBF's.

shenn<DOT>sellers<AT>rivcoit<DOT>org

Message was edited by: Shenn Sellers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, that's a real shame knowing that the price for the ISUG GOLD subscription has grown from something about 99$ to something about 350$ !!!

ISUG should at least have a SAP SUPPORT CONTRACT, and give on demand of their members an SID that will be valid for a limited period of time, like 24 hours, just to let them find the EBF/MR they need.

Sometimes, I wonder if this is totally legal at SAP software warranty level ? PB 12.6 is not a totally new product and therefore propose only some enhancements (I bet this is why they don't have labelled it PB 15: The piece would have been too hard to swallow !).

So it sound logical that existing features in the previous release still work perfectly in the last version, and if regressions are stated, any corrections should be available for free, no ?

Imagine you can buy the latest model of your favorite car, but that it only has three wheels instead of four and that you should take out a maintenance plan for the missing fourth wheel to finally be able to roll with. This will amaze me much that the authorities let this go really, right? Well, that's exactly what SAP is doing with PB 12.6, isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Appeon We Trust!

I have PB 12.6 but have never migrated my applications to it or used it to start a new project.  The whole thing just seem like one giant cluster****.  I will stick with PB 12.5.2 until Appeon releases their version of PB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, very true Patrice!  

FWIW: SAP is almost out of the PB picture! Hang in there young Padewan - there is another ... and the PB force is strong with this Jedi!  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sabeum Nim (I'm also a TKD black beltter..), we will see what the future will reserve us...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chun man e yo

천만에요