Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Version

arabind_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a client requirement like clients wants to maintain Material master Version but ready to accept the Revision level , so is there any other way maintaining of material version in SAP

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no functionality of Material Master Version in standard SAP. You can use the revision level for it. A revision level identifies a specific change status of a material with reference to a change number. It is used, for example, to identify changes.

Please refer SAP help document on it,

Revision Level - Engineering Change Management (LO-ECH) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

arabind_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar

Thanks  a lot for suggestion. Requirement is like Client has created two Version of a material in DMA(one of the interface)  and try to send the data to SAP  .I have doubt how it will feasible  in SAP.

Regards

Aravind

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arabind,

For my understanding what do you mean by version ???

through versions you are going to maintain two material codes ??

if the material code is one means then you have to go for the revision levels i.e. create two revision levels with two versions as per your terminology and release the one which is required

Regards,

Venkatesh..

arabind_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh Babu

For same material user has created two  different versions with some  difference in DMA(one of the interface) and he wants same should be update in SAP without using any revision levels or ECN.

Regards

Aravind

0 Kudos

Hi Arabind,

Any specific reason for not using revision level or ECN?

Regards,

Vijay Mankar

arabind_sahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Client don't   want to  create  revision level and ECN  in SAP ..He has created  two  different versions in DMA(one of the interface) and same thing want to transfer SAP through IDOC.

Regards

Arabind

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arabind,

If that is the situation we can use Basicdata2--> Design Drawing--> Document and Document version fields

but those fields are editable if user changes also we will not be able to track, So please think before suggesting the same

Regards,

Venkatesh