cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results recording special symbols not allowed through the BAPI

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have one issue in my program, where I'm using the BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS to record the results. Issue is when a particular characteristic is having some small values, In standard SAP through QE51N, it allows you to input the <0.005, I'm trying to do the same thing through BAPI and it is not allowing me to do so. My customer has a request to add this functionality and I tried this BAPI and i'm wondering that we can't use this BAPI to fulfil customer's requirement.

Please let me know if there is any way that i can bypass this special symbols in the BAPI to make it work.

Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

BAPI BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS uses sturcture QAISR3. The fields of this structure are defined with 4 characters in standard

Use Business Add-In QM_INPUT_PROCEDURE  it can be use during the result recording of measured values for quantitative characteristics

Method

INPUT_PROCEDURE

set the CV_ATTRIBUT with the first character from CV_VALUE as per your example: <

Please refer SAP Consulting note   1015802 - BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS: CONVT_NO_NUMBER

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

This is a good question.

To my understanding, SAP MIC are classified as Only Qualitative and Only Quantitative, and it can't read a record as MIC OF BOTH. So if you simply try sending the result value as <0.005 for Quantitative Characteristics, then system can't read this as a pure Numeric value (due to the symbol attached to it) and will start throwing the error BF020 [Value can't be interp. as floating-point number or longer than 22 charac].

I guess, even similar behavior should happen in the same way in foreground too, and you first need to select the "  Attribute <   " and then enter the value 0.005 and then automatically system will pick this symbol like <0.005 in the field for results.

You have to try the same setup for BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS too. This is an amazing FM created by SAP and I believe it cater across majority of inspection result upload functionalities.

To do that, you may try populating the below details in your result input structures -

CHAR_RESULTS-CHAR_ATTR = < ..........[One character field will consider only <]

or

SAMPLE_RESULTS-SMPL_ATTR = < ..........[One character field will consider only <]

or

SINGLE_RESULTS-RES_ATTR = < ..........[One character field will consider only <]

Once you fill in Attribute value, please do not send a value for result like <0.005, rather try sending the result as 0.005. Then system should read symbol and numeric input values separately, and you will not receive the error message.

Please can you check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee