cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC middleware driver missing on users machine.

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a relational connection on IDT using ODBC driver, however, when I pull up the connection middleware driver window to select the driver I only see all JDBC drivers only, surprisingly not even a single ODBC driver listed. Here are some steps I took so far including my observations:

1) I added the ODBC driver as System DSN on my machine, it passes the test and let me Add the driver without a problem.

2) I made sure the host server has the driver added as System DSN on both 32 and 64 bit ODBC administrator.

3) All ODBC drivers show up fine in IDT on the host server.

I'm now started to realize that adding ODBC driver as a system DSN does not directly relate to drivers showing up in the middleware driver selection window in IDT . Is there an option to enable drivers to appear in IDT that might be the issue. Does anyone has had any experience like this ? I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or atleast point me in the right direction.

Thanks

GD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GD,

As far as IDT which is a 32bit Tool it is enough if we create a System DSN using 32 bit ODBC Administrator.

Then in IDT you will be able to select the Connection without any issues. But still i am unable to understand your question as its so ambiguous from this point

I'm now started to realize that adding ODBC driver as a system DSN does not directly relate to drivers showing up in the middleware driver selection window in IDT . Is there an option to enable drivers to appear in IDT that might be the issue.

Rgds,

Sethu.