Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Management Solution for SAP cloud for customer

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the best content management solution (central repository of docs/images etc.,) that can be integrated with SAP cloud for customer. We have SAP ECM, SAP Extended ECM offered by opentext and other SAP suite products offered by opentext.

Can you please highlight the differences between these products and suggest a CMS preferably in cloud which can be integrated with SAP C4C.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

This is a very good question, thanks for posting it here. In a nutshell your client has all the necessary pieces to make this work. There is no need to look for another content management system as OpenText Extended ECM for SAP xECM has the capability to run in the cloud, e.g. in OpenText’s own cloud environment. I am not sure if other cloud providers such as SAP, etc. are certified to run xECM on their cloud infrastructure, this is something you would have to validate.  In your case where your client owns xECM, you may also want to consider a hybrid scenario where your client is utilizing SAP C4C in either a multi-tenant or private cloud environment and xECM on-premise. There are many advantages to a hybrid scenario.

As far as connecting SAP C4C and xECM together, there is no out of the box integration available and you would have to build a custom integration. We have been looking into this from a technical point and have come to the conclusion that such integration is absolutely doable.  Send me an e-mail if you would like to discuss further.

Best regards,

//Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As of my knowledge, SAP xECM is suitable for your requirement.

We can access SAP xECM with SAP & Non SAP also.

We can access in cloud and multi GUI environments also.

With SAP Integration available with help of business objects.

In SAP xECM we have version management system, permission control, user restriction, Workflow many advantages are there. 

Best regards,

MSB.

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

How exactly are you planning an integration like this one? As of now there is no possibility of CMS integration(if you see account attactment or any other attachments in C4C).

Best regards,

Pragya

Unirs40
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya,

Let me rephrase my question.

What CMS solution can be proposed to clients which can be integrated to SAP Cloud for Customer?

Regards,

Srinivas

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

You will need to check the scenarios from C4C end first. As fas as I understand most CMS will allow access to data via URLs but the question is where exactly on C4C are you trying to do. You need to check that end first.

Best Regards,

Pragya