cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Concept of HCM Processes and Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope to have your input on my problem.

I'm having trouble with combinig our HR structural authorizations and backend authorizations for HR Forms.

P_ASRCONT is correctly implemented in roles but the HR authorization objects (P_ORGINCON, P_PERNR) are causing trouble. The processing of the form wants * - in P_ORGINCON PROFL field. Is there any way to make structural authorizations work ? Any ideas, suggestions?

BR, Sari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to track the cause of our problem in to the program running in the background: CL_HRPAD00AUTH_CHECK_STD======CP . It seems the check for the personal number in the table PA0001 is made before the connection between the personal number and organization is processed to backend through the form. Personal number does not exist yet but the method GET_ORGANIZATION is triggered and does not return any value, so the process is stopped and the error message is put out.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

BR, Sari

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PERNR does not exist yet? So is this a "hire" process? There is a LOT of logic in the framework to handle that and in that specific case, there are some things you have to do.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been a part of few (if any) HCM P&F projects that did not use HCM P&F auth along with structural authorizations. It is VERY possible and very common.I am not sure exactly what issues you are running up against but maybe others can chime in for you. , can you add anything to this (Derrick has done this extensively!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply!

The Main problem is that the person who is using this Form to bring new persons data in to our HR system is also a HR Manager with managerial authorizations in our HR system. This form is not for managerial purposes but other. The manager also needs to see some data of all of our employees so an additional structural profile is assigned for them to see the data for all e.g.. in transaction PPOSE. I normal case the manager gets to see some data about all of our employees but update the data only according to the managerial position and structural authorizations. 

Now the backend authorizations for the HR Form doesn´t want any structural profile put into the PROFL field but * is accepted. And for some reasons the processing of the form makes extended check ups for P_ORGINCON and P_PERNR. The checks wants * in every field. These HR Form authorizations put together with managerial authorizations are the problem.  

I think that we wouldn`t have problem if we could assign the structural authorization for the user through this role that is  needed to process the form in the backend. Now, I don't know how we are able to do that so that the HR Form processes correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my problem is still unsolved. Is there someone who has had same kind of problems and managed to solve them. Please quide me to right direction!

BR, Sari