Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Disclosure : Parent Workflow not flowing to one chapter of the Report

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have created and configured a custom workflow in my DM landscape. I have applied this workflow at the report level and expect that all the chapters inside the report captures this workflow by inheritance. However, it is not happening to one of the chapter. Screenshots are attached for the reference.

Below is the screenshot showing main report assigned to my custom workflow GK1. Please open other attachments to see other settings.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Gaurav,

As the screenshot clearly shows - you have broken the inheritance on that chapter.

If you want it back, select the option.

Marc

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your reply. I think I did not convey my issue clearly. I have broken the inheritance anyway.

Please refer to below screenshot which explains the issue in very simple manner. Please do let me know your views.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Yes, that is strange - and indeed not correct.

Did you start the document with the other workflow and then change later?

Marc

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. Initially it was assigned with the system default workflow - Four eye Principle. Later on, I changed it to my custom one.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

I am not sure how you managed to get this

Here;s what I do

1) Setup a report with "four-eye", the chapter has this WF (inherited)

2) I now change (in report settings) the WF to "GK1"

3) The chapter has also changed (as expected)

To resolve it, break the inheritance, set the GK1 as WF on the chapter

Marc

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your efforts

I think you did not notice in my previous screenshot, I don't get the option of breaking the inheritance either

The default workflow was with the chapter for a long time and just today I changed it while learning the workflow concepts.

Anyway, I will delete the chapter and again recreate it. I thought if it is a bug then I should highlight it before you.

Thanks Marc. Appreciate it!!

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav !

kgaurav2k14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

I have created a new chapter and configured the workflow according to my requirement. I am able to set the approvers for particular steps and getting email notifications for the same. However, I saw an issue.

1. While I was changing the status of the workflow, I thought of adding one more approver in one step but I am not able to do so. I am not getting this option. In order to add another user in the step, we need to first break the inheritance and then manually set the user as shown below.

I was able to do this when the workflow was in stopped mode I guess. But now, I am not able to either stop the workflow or break the inheritance as shown below.

2. According to SAP user guide section - 1.3.2.2.2, we can stop the workflow only while it is in running status. As you can see below screenshot, it is in "Chapter in Progress" status. I changed the status of my workflow to open status but still it is "Chapter in Progress". That's why I cannot stop the workflow now.

Please provide your thoughts on this.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gaurav

I'd recommend you download the last revision of each chapter, and then delete this report (+ all chapters) and start again - this will save you a lot of time

Marc