Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View - Transporting Labels-Multiple Languages

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

We have developed many global reports, using Multiple Languages labels according sap help ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/f7/29a2d8921940f4b786fe306abde09c/content.htm ) and that works fine in development enviroment.

Landscape: SAP HANA  SP10

But after to transport it, the translated texts does not appear in quality enviroment. I have also checked on target system and the translated texts are not in ["_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_CONTENT_TEXT_CONTENT"] table.

What is necessary to transport these translated texts ? We have tried two options: Delivery Unit and Import/Export content.

Steps for Reconstruction this issue:

- Create Calculation View

- Create Translated texts

- Transport to another HANA environment

- Run report based on calculation view

- Change language of internet browser

Regards,

Rodrigo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

We are trying to develop a global report using Multiple Languages Labels in SPS10.

As part of the development we have maintained labels for "Spanish(Ecuador)" language, we can see those labels in ["_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_CONTENT_TEXT_CONTENT"] table.

We can also see " Spanish(Ecuador)" labels when we change the system properties "Locale to "Spanish(Ecuador)"".

On top of the HANA Calculation view, we have developed a Webi report using universe, but labels are not getting reflected in "Spanish(Ecuador)" language even though i have changed the language of internet browser or BI Launchpad Preferences: Preferred Viewing Locale to "Spanish(Ecuador)".

May i know in which reporting tool you were able to see those labels??

Thanks

Venkata S Talasila

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

With universe you can not use it, you need use BOBJ Translation tool (Inside BO client) in order to work with relational connection.

This kind of label translation works for Design Studio, Olap Analysis and Web Intelligence 4.2 both using Olap Connection.

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your quick response.

With the universe, you mentioned to use BOBJ Translation tool -- are you referring to "Translation Management Tool"?? if so, isn't a manual maintenance on both sides (HANA & Universe (TMT)).

Will the TMT can automatically gets the maintained languages on the HANA side??

Thanks

Venkata