cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease sample size in next inspection point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a very clear and also reasonable request.

In the incoming quality inspection there are created inspection lots (automatically based on the goods receipt). The control is attributive with inspection points (for necessary user fields).

The problem is in transaction QE51N. While creating further inspection points the sample size to inspect for particular attributes is still same. I need the somehow to recalculate the sample size according to the already inspected amount.

Example. For the first attribute I've inspected 45 pieces of total amount 315. So I expect to have next inspection point only with 270 pieces to inspect (for this attribute).

Sounds like dependent multiple samples with inspection points.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you expect this?  First you are using inspection points with an 01 inspection type I think since the lot number starts with a 1 and that is standard SAP numbering.  Unless you have changed it.  Inspection points were originally designed to only be used with 03 lots for inprocess testing. It was only later that you can use it for other inspection types.  Physical samples is similar to inspection points and you can use those with other inspection types.

But in your case, you must of received in 315, so that is always going to be the number to inspect.  Jut because you choose to use inspection points, doesn't mean SAP is designed to track the remaining amounts across your sampling points.  It was never designed for that.

I can see how you would want to use this as it appears your inspection spans multiuple shifts and you want to track the inspection by number of units inspected each shift and have the number of units still to be inspected to decrement after completion of each point.

I'm not sure there is a good way to do that.

There are ways to create your own sampling procedure calulations.  in config, you set up a new determination rule using a samplin scheme. Then create a new sampling scheme for it.  Instead of using FM QDRS_SAMPLING_PLAN_SAMPLE you would copy that FM to a new FM.  Then insert your own logic into that custom FM.  You would need a sharp progammer I believe but I think you should be able change the total sample qty by subtracting the qty already tested in previous inspection points from the quantity of the inspection lot passed in.  I don't think doing this hurt the final UD process.

If you use 100% inspection, copy and modify the FM used for that instead, QDRS_100_PER_CENT_SAMPLE.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

thank you for such comprehensive answer. You hit the head of the nail.

Anyway, in this particular scenario was using of inspection poinst a MUST. Unfortunatelly. I must admit, from this point of view, there is no good nor standard way, how to achieve the described process.

At the end, some ABAP voodoo helped, so luckily solved.

Lucie

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucie,

I am just curious to ask - Is this issue resolved? Have you copied the FM: QDRS_100_PER_CENT_SAMPLE to create the new samples, you will be going to test for the total quantity received? What approach you have used here?

As Greg correctly suggested, I also think there is no specific and accurate way to calculate the 'target' samples for your individual inspection points. Moreover, you haven't also confirmed, if you are going to retest the same case again. If so, are you going to use the old samples or you wish to use new samples? I mean, in your first 45 tests, there were one failure for MIC 0060. Now are you going to test next 10 - 15 samples or the previous 45 samples? There should be some rules you will need to maintain in your custom FM, so that it creates the samples before hand I guess.. isn't that understand correct? May be I am missing something.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (0)